Navigation queries

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Hi
Can anyone tell me what the different colours refer to when looking for alternative routes?
Mine gives me 3 x options........blue , green or orange?
Do they relate to fast,slow or ecological?

Also what does ecological really mean?

In our 987 Boxster,I'm sure it had a scenic route? Is this the same as ecological?
We are going through France shortly and want a leisurely scenic drive avoiding all toll roads , motorways etc.
So, do we choose blue,green or orange?

Hope this post makes sense?

Thanks in advance for any help........

Frankie

Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Oops

By slow, I really meant short! ☺️
jk88

Post by jk88 »

I'm pretty certain the different colours are used to simply make each alternate route distinguishable on the map as you cycle through them. Each one will adopt the same fast, short, eco criteria that you previously set for the original route.

Not entirely sure what the criteria for an eco route would be, maybe has something to do with topography and avoidance of junctions etc for minimum theoretical fuel consumption.
Macan GTS - Mar 17 to Jan 23
Macan SD - Apr 16 to Mar 17
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

jk88 wrote:I'm pretty certain the different colours are used to simply make each alternate route distinguishable on the map as you cycle through them. Each one will adopt the same fast, short, eco criteria that you previously set for the original route.

Not entirely sure what the criteria for an eco route would be, maybe has something to do with topography and avoidance of junctions etc for minimum theoretical fuel consumption.
I think you're right. I was recently driving from Elmen in Austria to Stuttgart and there was a big delay on the Autobahn so turned off and selected alternative route. Three routes were highlighted as mentioned but there seemed to be no obvious logic to the colour allocation. Each seemed to just include a mix of roads just to get past the jam. Would be good if they did mean something specific so happy to be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
happy days

Post by happy days »

As an aside, I use a TomTom app for iPhone which is absolutely brilliant, especially when abroad with a hire car. Anyway, there is an option for selecting twisty roads. Imagine that!
Macan S D
718 S