Smart Routing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Ian.g wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:57 am
Third stage wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:41 am It only records the smart route if you have an active route you are following. It will then remember your diversion or rat run but not the first time you take that route. You have to repeat the same diversion a couple of times. (not sure exactly how many). If you want to delete a smart route after say some road works have been completed you can do this by deleting smart routes by the day, week, or month.
Not according to the GTK app. It specifically says that it records routes even if guidance has not started. I am not sure what to believe. I don't know if a route has to be set without being started - it implies not. I have turned it on now and will see if it makes any difference to any of the dodgy routes over the next few weeks.
It would be useless if it required you to enable guidance on your usual route, because if it's a usual route, you almost certainly wouldn't have guidance switched on.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Third stage

Post by Third stage »

It appears that it takes notice of deviations off the chosen route. It states in the handbook that it registers routes even without navigation on the same of the GTK app but from my experience this does not work.

I set a route when I am about to leave home either by importing via the app or entering a post code on the PCM. The system now knows that I want to leave the village by using road B rather than road A. If it is a journey of any distance whether I know the way or not I set guidance tone forewarned of any traffic hold ups on route. This saves scrolling through all the traffic notifications and gives a fairly accurate ETA at the destination.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Third stage wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:32 am If it is a journey of any distance whether I know the way or not I set guidance tone forewarned of any traffic hold ups on route. This saves scrolling through all the traffic notifications and gives a fairly accurate ETA at the destination.
This is where CarPlay excels - you can have it in ETA mode where it shuts the F up and just gives you traffic and ETA. The traffic data it a lot more live than PCM Nav too.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

goron59 wrote:
Third stage wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:32 am If it is a journey of any distance whether I know the way or not I set guidance tone forewarned of any traffic hold ups on route. This saves scrolling through all the traffic notifications and gives a fairly accurate ETA at the destination.
This is where CarPlay excels - you can have it in ETA mode where it shuts the F up and just gives you traffic and ETA. The traffic data it a lot more live than PCM Nav too.
Good tip Goron. I use CarPlay a lot when in London and wasn't aware of ETA mode. How do you turn ETA mode on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Hawkeye wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:06 am
goron59 wrote:
Good tip Goron. I use CarPlay a lot when in London and wasn't aware of ETA mode. How do you turn ETA mode on?

When you have a destination set, you can tap the guide box and choose guidance, eta only or off I think. Indeed it's usually smart enough to set this based on day and time as it learns your habits.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Perfect, will give that a go later.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.