Car Play and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Rgassaf

Post by Rgassaf »

I am about to buy a new Macan 2.0t and was puzzled to know that CarPlay and Android Auto are not standard in the Macan. The seller - which was really uptight in the country side of Sao Paulo (Eurobike) - just told me... Also the electric passenger seat is not standard on the model that comes to Brazil.

Does anyone know if those features are really optional in other countries? An entry level Macan here costs 100k USD and I was not impressed with the list of optionals.

Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Hi Rgassaf,
here in UK :
- CarPlay as standard.
- Android Auto: not supported and as far I know , no plan to implement it ...
- electric passenger seat as standard.

but the Macan is a Grrrreeeeaaaatttttt car,
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Car Play becoming standard is a relatively recent change with the price rise and subsequent inclusion of Sat Nav & Connect +.

I thought as standard that the passenger seat was not electric. Only made electric by upgrading to the 14/18 way seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Electric passenger seat is not standard with the standard 8-way seating
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

As a general rule assume nothing is standard on a Porsche :?
rossman999

Post by rossman999 »

It does get much better than car play / electric seats - Did you know that the lights to illuminate the vanity mirror is an option and cant be retrofitted if you forget - dont ask how I know - really frustrating!!
Tesla 3LR
Macan SD gone :-(
997 C4S gone :-(
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

As said, with the standard 8 way seats, the passenger seat is manual. The driver seat is electric but has no memory function. For that you have to pay extra. Most people get the 14 or 18 way seats then both seats are electric with memory function.
Car play was not standard when I bought mine (only 6 months old) and I didn't pay the extra £800. It is now standard (for about 3 or 4 months) but prices went up to reflect that.
And don't forget all the other essential extras!
Rgassaf

Post by Rgassaf »

As a new owner of a Macan Turbo (17/17) I was a bit frustrated that it does not come with Apple Carplay and Android Auto. I was watching some videos in youtube and noticed maybe it will require just a software update since the hardware looks the same. Does anyone know if this is true? Can we perhaps do an upgrade to get Apple Carlplay or do you need a hardware upgrade? Thanks all for the posts...
happy days

Post by happy days »

I don't think CarPlay is all it's cracked up to be. TBH, I try to avoid it if possible because (1) I mostly listen to the radio while driving. (2) If I'm listening to the music that I have stored on my phone, then it's either handier to use bluetooth or the Jukebox as I can then skip tracks with the steering wheel diamond (I like that). (3) the steering wheel controls for the phone are disabled when using CarPlay.
Macan S D
718 S
Guy

Post by Guy »

Interesting thread here about a workaround to get Waze (and other apps) on your PCM4: http://www.macanforum.com/forum/electro ... e-pcm.html

It relies upon jailbreaking your iPhone, and using a second phone, so it's hardly easy. Anyone going to try?