Question on Porsche Connect

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
RupiV

Post by RupiV »

All

Apologies for the basic questions in advance...

I have a Macan GTS - c. 2 months old. Google maps and online search were working fine when we collected the car but stopped working a few weeks after. OPC took the car in to try to fix the issue and said the unit needed replacing and they have done this. Got the car back last night but Google maps still not working. The OPC says that this is now a subscription issue (but I thought you get the maps and online functions free for 1-2 years when buying the car new?)

Any ideas / help much appreciated..

Thanks
Volcano Grey Macan GTS, delivered July 2017

Retired

Post by Retired »

RupiV wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am All

Apologies for the basic questions in advance...

I have a Macan GTS - c. 2 months old. Google maps and online search were working fine when we collected the car but stopped working a few weeks after. OPC took the car in to try to fix the issue and said the unit needed replacing and they have done this. Got the car back last night but Google maps still not working. The OPC says that this is now a subscription issue (but I thought you get the maps and online functions free for 1-2 years when buying the car new?)

Any ideas / help much appreciated..

Thanks

Subscription Issue is a bit vague, Ask what the issue is withe subscription.

Subscription lasts longer than a few months.

I'm guessing here, but there might be a link between the hardware ID ( think MAC id for WiFi devices / IMEI for mobile phones) and the subscription. You have new hardware with the possibility of a new H/W id. If I'm right Porsche need to associate the new H/W id with the existing subscription.

It is not adequate ( although not surprising) for your OPC to say 'subscription issue'. You should insist they are specific about the issue and what need to be done to rectify the problem.

OPCs seem to be clueless about this sort of stuff so you might need to escalate to Porsche if you get no joy.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Free subscription is 2 years.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
RupiV

Post by RupiV »

Thanks for the replies.

As a follow up, I took the car into my OPC on Friday - they had another look but cannot figure out the issue. The service advisor said and I quote "your car is an FY18 Macan and the OPCs have not yet all had training on the new electronics features so we have no idea what to do"...

Anyway its booked in again in a couple of weeks and they are going to get someone from head office to come and try to figure out the issue.
Volcano Grey Macan GTS, delivered July 2017
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

Does anybody else regularly get this message trying to log in to Porsche Connect?

0664D7D0-ACA0-4808-A184-B43670C2F7CD.jpeg

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Is your internet connection OK?

I've been amazed this week, half of Suffolk didn't even have phone coverage let alone 4G.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

No, the connection constantly seems hit and miss in car?