DAB missing

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Saffa

Post by Saffa »

Got a really annoying problem, intermittently when starting the car DAB does not work, it just says ‘no signal’ and it doesn’t get signal for the entire journey.

Switching the car off and starting again it suddenly finds a signal and works.... annoying the crap out of me.

Anyone else have this issue?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHEPZN21 delivered May 2017, sold Sept 2019

John_M

Post by John_M »

Saffa wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 am Got a really annoying problem, intermittently when starting the car DAB does not work, it just says ‘no signal’ and it doesn’t get signal for the entire journey.

Switching the car off and starting again it suddenly finds a signal and works.... annoying the crap out of me.

Not for DAB - but have had similar for USB & surround cameras
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Never had any problems with it.

Do you have any Dashcams fitted as they may cause interference?
GTS 😀
johnd

Post by johnd »

Mine does that with DAB very occasionally - it's just DAB on the radio, FM remains fine.

But I do get the same kind of issue more often with Google Earth maps (via Connect Plus and supplementary SIM of course). Sometimes the car just doesn't seem to recognise that it's got access to GE at all (though it still knows that there's a SIM there :? ). Other times same symptom - no GE available - but GE IS accessible but has turned itself off in the settings and has to be re-enabled manually.

Can't say I'm very impressed by the standard of the Connect initialisation processing - Porsche may have good engineers, but that doesn't seem to extend to their programmers (or to whoever they might contract out their programming).
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Saffa

Post by Saffa »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:23 am Never had any problems with it.

Do you have any Dashcams fitted as they may cause interference?
Nope
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHEPZN21 delivered May 2017, sold Sept 2019
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Saffa wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:22 am Got a really annoying problem, intermittently when starting the car DAB does not work, it just says ‘no signal’ and it doesn’t get signal for the entire journey.

Saffa,
my car did exactly this from new. After a couple of attempts to fix the issue with PCM reboots and an areal change by the OPC they went for a complete PCM change. That sorted it and ever had the issue again after that in nine minths.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50