Latest PCM software - Nov 17

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Reading on here about the new volume slider feature in the new PCM version software I took my Oof to have the Version Software, Version Gracenote, Media Driver Version and Phone Driver Version updated. I did not have the Navigation Database Version updated as that was already up to date somehow.

I did have to pay for it £214 for the time spent on it (about 2.5 hours) . Apparently the software version update is only free if OPC are updating the software as a part of a warranty fix of a fault, otherwise they cannot recover it from Porsche AG.

So far I discovered that apart from the new music / radio volume slider graphic on the PCM screen, you can now change the volume of the navigation voice just by turning the volume control while she's talking. That brings up a volume slider with a chequered flag icon, dedicated to navigation volume. So the two have now been separated.

Thank you jk88! 😃
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

VanB

Post by VanB »

Semerka

You always could change the nav volume by moving the volume control while it was speaking (same is true of phone etc).

Personally I would have told Reading to swivel for an update to the car software that should be part of routine maintenance. BTW just bought my 3rd car from Reading and they do seem to be quite amenable to being helpful but only if you ask and if you don't get the answer you want just go down the disappointed route and thought they were a premium brand focused on customer satisfaction route ;)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

VanB wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:58 pm Semerka

You always could change the nav volume by moving the volume control while it was speaking (same is true of phone etc).

Personally I would have told Reading to swivel for an update to the car software that should be part of routine maintenance. BTW just bought my 3rd car from Reading and they do seem to be quite amenable to being helpful but only if you ask and if you don't get the answer you want just go down the disappointed route and thought they were a premium brand focused on customer satisfaction route ;)
Then you have a better relationship with Reading, considering. ;)
We don't swap cars often and do not use Reading for servicing either, so I have no bargaining power.
I just wanted it done and dusted. Guildford did not even know what I was talking about, just said there was no update available for my car. :lol:

It is true that you could change the nav volume with the volume control, but that also changed the music/radio volume. It drove us mad on long journeys, where there are sections when you don't need nav guidance. So we had to go into settings to turn it down without turning down the music.
In the older PCM, pre-2016 built cars, you could change the volume levels independently, but in cars built after Januray 2016 they changed it.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0