PCM in radio mode

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
dough

Post by dough »

Took delivery of my Macan in May 2017 after having several Range Rovers.

Very pleased with the car with the exception of the radio display function.

On the R/Rover I could have the radio playing and switch the display off into 'stealth' mode which was very comfortable particularly at night.

Can I do this in the Macan?

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

No idea on the "stealth" mode but it reminds me of a Saab which in "stealth" mode would turn off all illumination except the speedometer.

How does the Macan compare to the Range Rover? I nearly bought a Range Rover Sport but bought the Macan instead.
dough

Post by dough »

The last R/Rover cost just over £100,000.00 in 2015 and was supremely a luxurious motor car in all respects.
I had to have a hip replacement and found that the entry height was to high even with the air suspension at its lowest.

After owning several R/Rovers I had to really like them but was finding them to be getting more problematical due to their size when parking ect.

It is very difficult for me to fault the Macan but it is certainly not a R/Rover and it should not compared so as you can buy 2 Macans for the price of a R/Rover.

Would I buy another R/Rover, doubtful. Would I buy another Macan, definatly.

Should add that I am 73 years old and no longer an aspiring racing driver.
wilko

Post by wilko »

Home, settings, display, off, or something like that
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
Col M

Post by Col M »

dough wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:32 pm Took delivery of my Macan in May 2017 after having several Range Rovers.

Very pleased with the car with the exception of the radio display function.

On the R/Rover I could have the radio playing and switch the display off into 'stealth' mode which was very comfortable particularly at night.

Can I do this in the Macan?
Yes you can switch off the touch screen until you touch it again.
HOME or CAR > SET> PCM DISPLAY> OFF

Recommend you download the Porsche "Good to know" app.

You may want to investigate creating a minimal "My Screen"
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

dough wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:11 pm The last R/Rover cost just over £100,000.00 in 2015 and was supremely a luxurious motor car in all respects.
I had to have a hip replacement and found that the entry height was to high even with the air suspension at its lowest.

After owning several R/Rovers I had to really like them but was finding them to be getting more problematical due to their size when parking ect.

It is very difficult for me to fault the Macan but it is certainly not a R/Rover and it should not compared so as you can buy 2 Macans for the price of a R/Rover.

Would I buy another R/Rover, doubtful. Would I buy another Macan, definatly.

Should add that I am 73 years old and no longer an aspiring racing driver.
Interesting.

I know what you mean about the size. Parking can be a nightmare even with the Macan. Car parking spaces are just too small.

I am trying my best not to be a "racing driver" to protect my driving licence :? :? :?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, dough! :)

Are you a baker?

Or is it the other kind of dough...? ;) 💰 💷 💶 💵
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
happy days

Post by happy days »

I agree that the display when on radio mode is far too bright at night. What I do is to touch the 'car' button below the screen and this puts the screen into a black screen with some information on it. Much better.
Macan S D
718 S
Paul

Post by Paul »

happy days wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:57 am I agree that the display when on radio mode is far too bright at night. What I do is to touch the 'car' button below the screen and this puts the screen into a black screen with some information on it. Much better.
The display can also be dimmed down......but then not as visible during the day😳 ...but good idea to put little or no info of one of the “home” screens if you want a quick, near black screen at night.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I generally leave it on the "map" screen. :)
GTS \o/ - sold :(