PCM Connect phone app update

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

The main thing I use it for is the navigation.
I input all my destinations on the Porsche app on my phone and save them. Get in the car and push the icon on the PCM screen and access my destinations (poi) and don’t have to input anything on the PCM sat nav.

There is then access to a host of other apps on the PCM

Weather, parking, Twitter, and others

I really only use the navigation part and works perfectly.

It’s a function which I use in other cars too and now cannot live without it 🙄
GTS 😀

weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

And you just have to leave the app open on the phone?

Thanks
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

weemsy6147 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:27 pm And you just have to leave the app open on the phone?

Thanks
Yep that’s it.
Even if it’s closed and engine running just open the connect app NOT the car connect app.
GTS 😀
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

Interesting as Sat Nav and Twitter etc seems to work for me without app open or symbol in bottom left of screen?
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

weemsy6147 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:37 pm Interesting as Sat Nav and Twitter etc seems to work for me without app open or symbol in bottom left of screen?
Can you access the poi sat navigations you have entered on your phone though?

Without the icon there it will not display them for me...
GTS 😀
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

Nothing now working having changed over to an iPhone X tonight, will look again at weekend.

Thanks for your help.

I do find connecting to the Porsche WiFi always happens but in app it still sometimes says PCM not connected.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Just done some in depth testing with the latest iPhone app and unless the app is open you will not get the icon in the bottom left hand corner and you cannot access your App poi (all your sat Nav saved locations on your phone)

You also get access to calendar, radio.net, Amazon music, Napster too.

The other items you can access without your phone app being connected.
As mentioned I only use the navigations side and Apple carplay.

iPhone X works perfectly too 😀

What I have found is when I am in my garage my phone is still connected to my home WiFi and has not switched to the Macan. So always check you are actually connected to the Macan WiFi otherwise you will not get the icon.
It took me a while to realise this but once you know it’s been faultless for best part of 12 months.
GTS 😀
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Thank you Kasfranks99! 8-)

I hotspot my Macan to my iPhone to use WiFi to connect to the PCM in the car, rather than iPhone to the Macan.

So the Connect App cannot just run in the background on the iPhone? I only use it to download POI's too, so not an issue really, since once downloaded the POI's stay in the PCM favourites.

Shame about the lost capability to navigate to your photos. That was brilliant in the older version of the Connect App. :cry:
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0