PCM Connect phone app update

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I see, that just like the Good to Know App, Porsche also updated the PCM Connect App and now they are using Nokia's Here maps, rather than Google maps, which I like.

It is now linked with your Porsche ID and can be linked with the Car Connect App for which you need Vodafone Automotive subscription.

I have not yet tested the updated PCM Connect App in the car, but I hope that it still synchronizes the saved favourite destinations so that we can pre-load them at home on the phone, rather than search the Navi Maps in the car.

They also included Amazon Music in the PCM Services.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

It makes perfect sense what they have done linking it with the online connect account.
Once I signed in on the new updated connect app it said it synced my destinations with the car.

I have yet to test it in the car either but looks like Porsche may finally be simplifying the setups and names of the various services.
Typical now that I know them back to front they decide to change 😟
GTS 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I let my Vodafone car connect subscription lapse at the 1 year anniversary as I didn’t really use it. Now, if I go to the new PCM Connect app on the App Store, it says I already have it but routes me to the old one. It seems you can only access the new PCM Connect app if you have Car Connect due to the new integration/consolidation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Hawkeye wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:15 pm I let my Vodafone car connect subscription lapse at the 1 year anniversary as I didn’t really use it. Now, if I go to the new PCM Connect app on the App Store, it says I already have it but routes me to the old one. It seems you can only access the new PCM Connect app if you have Car Connect due to the new integration/consolidation.

Hmm that’s very od as they are 2 separate apps and 2 separate subscriptions.
Car Connect is vodafone and PCM connect is Porsche subscription.
I got 1 year vodafone Car Connect and 2 years porsche PCM connect subscriptions with the car.

My understanding is they run completely independently and not reliant on each others subscription as they both do completely different things.
GTS 😀
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

But if you go into the App Store now and search for PCM Connect and look at the visuals of the new app, it seems to have the features from both combined into one app.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Yes, the features are now combined in the new "CONNECT" app to a certain degree only (for the new Cayene 2018 only really). Under the "My Car" tab there is a link to the Porsche Car Connect App, where you log in with your Vodafone Automotive credentials as before, so they are still separate apps.

I don't have a subscription to the Car Connect from Vodafone either and I was still able to update to the new Connect app.
I only use the Navigation tab of the new Connect app to pre-load my destinations to then sync them with the car's PCM and only log in with my Porsche ID to access the PCM services.

I agree, that Porsche are confusing us all again, now we've finally learnt their old ways, but hopefully heading the right way now. 🙉
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
грязныйдизель

Post by грязныйдизель »

The new app looks like it lost the ability to extract locations from photos. Previous destinations are hidden behind the map search feature.

It seems to me Porsche have just done a new app for the Cayenne and tried to squeeze in some (but not all) features from the old PCM Connect app, and added a link to the Connect app (PVTS).

From what I've seen of the app for the Macan (a fully loaded one, electronics-wise), it just says on the "MyCar" panel "Services are limited for this vehicle."
I doubt people like to be reminded that the car on which they just spent £70k, is "limited."

It might as well just say: "Your car is shit. buy a more expensive one. Every year."
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

Every time I get in the car my phone WiFi is connected to the Porsche WiFi and i get traffic services etc, but I hardly ever get the square logo in the bottom left of the screen to say all is connected?

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

weemsy6147 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm Every time I get in the car my phone WiFi is connected to the Porsche WiFi and i get traffic services etc, but I hardly ever get the square logo in the bottom left of the screen to say all is connected?

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks
You must open the app on the phone.
The icon on the PCM will not appear otherwise.
GTS 😀
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

Thanks and does that give any added benefits?