Use of two SIM cards

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

CharlesElliott wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:23 am Do you know that your data sim is connecting ok? If you connect your phone to the car Wi-fi hotspot, can you browse the Internet?
Yes I had the same thought so ensured I could search new websites using the cars hot spot WiFi connection. All ok.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

OK, that is strange then. What SIM is it? Can you do an online search in Navigation (which also uses data)? Have you set the data connection to be ‘always on’?
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

That double arrow with a cross through it in the lower left status bar implies that you *don’t* have a data connection.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

CharlesElliott wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 am That double arrow with a cross through it in the lower left status bar implies that you *don’t* have a data connection.
Double checked by putting the SIM into my phone and surfing. It was all ok. Put the SIM back into the car and it seems to be working..

Now... Am I missing something here because my apps are nowhere near what the dealer told me I could do.
"Send routes to your car from your phone"
" Look for petrol prices locally whilst in the car"
There was even mention of an be Amazon music link..

I have none of that. Does my system need an update perhaps?

The other thing I can't seem to find but have read on here that people have, map updates. I can find a place to update the PCM but that is via SD card etc.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Ok. Think I've figured out the issue. From what I can see you need to have a Porsche connect registered account to activate the apps. The dealer didn't advise this to me, they told me if need to register for the tracker etc but not the apps. I've located the place for registration but I've been unable to register as their system is down today for maintenance. I will do it tomorrow. Hopefully, this should then solve my issue with apps not showing.

One thing the Porsche connect support lady did mention. There is a large new update for android rolling out in two weeks time. She said a few people have had issues with the PCM on android.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I think you need an invite from Porsche to register for connect services. Glad you got the data connection working.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Thanks all for the help. Now sorted and all working.

One final question. Just updating maps using my home WiFi connection whilst Harry (must be keeping him as he's been given a name) is sat on my drive. Will the download continue if I switch off the engine or am I stuck here for about hour or so?
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I think it carries on, or at least that’s what my car told me yesterday when I was doing the same thing. It said something along the lines of download will continue after parking the car. I haven’t checked today if it’s done it mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.