Car connect....... is it worth renewing?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Salty

Post by Salty »

Paul1970 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 am A bit of insight on the tracking experience. My car was put in the back of a trailer last week with me sitting in the cab. Within seconds I had received a theft alert text but didn’t receive a call until a couple of hours later. When I asked them why they hadn’t called they said they were busy but they were tracking the vehicle following the alert.

The next day the car went on another trailer and again it triggered an alert followed very quickly by a call. So from my perspective it’s a facility worth having.

One point of note. As soon as an alert is triggered the app becomes restricted so that you yourself can’t track the vehicle. Whether that’s to stop you turning vigilante I don’t know, but it’s a flaw in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the other hand when my Wife took the Macan to work and parked it outside her office in full view in a secure car park and usually in a nice big car parking space she got frequent Alerts and phone calls telling her that the car had moved or whatever. A quick look up from her desk confirmed that it had not! Once the fee subscription expired we did not renew it. The remote facilities that you could use were so limited they were not worth having Check my oil level? etc :lol:
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS