Delay with voice recognition

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Hi.
I use the voice recognition a lot whilst driving but I find the system to be extremely slow. As an example.
If I press the button and say.. "call xxxx" the system takes about 25 seconds to then respond and dial or to ask which number I want to dial if there is more than one for that contact.

Is this normal?

And before anyone says it.. no. I don't have a contact called xxxx in my list. Lol..
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

uktivo wrote:Hi.
I use the voice recognition a lot whilst driving but I find the system to be extremely slow. As an example.
If I press the button and say.. "call xxxx" the system takes about 25 seconds to then respond and dial or to ask which number I want to dial if there is more than one for that contact.

Is this normal?

And before anyone says it.. no. I don't have a contact called xxxx in my list. Lol..
I found voice recognition in the Macan to be terrible and never used it. By comparison, Siri via Apple CarPlay was brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

Hawkeye wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:12 pm
uktivo wrote:Hi.

Is this normal?

I found voice recognition in the Macan to be terrible and never used it. By comparison, Siri via Apple CarPlay was brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. I think that answered my question. Thanks.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

It is very slow. I rarely use it - although it is occasionally useful
skipper

Post by skipper »

The voice recognition in my SD is pretty useless. It's much quicker to press the button you need or scroll down to what you want. It was exactly the same in an Audi I had.

By way of a contrast Siri is brilliant and Alexa on my Amazon Dot is like talking to a person. Why can't Porsche match these?
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
Paul

Post by Paul »

skipper wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm The voice recognition in my SD is pretty useless. It's much quicker to press the button you need or scroll down to what you want. It was exactly the same in an Audi I had.

By way of a contrast Siri is brilliant and Alexa on my Amazon Dot is like talking to a person. Why can't Porsche match these?
+1 ...and “whatsapp” is even better than Siri (IMHO)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465