Trying to add POI's

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Needing some assistance please.

I am trying to import some fixed speed camera POI's into my PCM and can't seem to find the portal list poi button in the "My Porsche" web Portal. What am I doing wrong?

First screen shot is what I see, second is how the instructions was laid out. I can see in the faq within the "My Porsche" portal how I import into the PCM in the car, just not how to import into the actual portal itself.

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 09.36.27.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 09.32.39.png

Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Are you connected via Bluetooth or via hard wire?

I hard wire, fire up the connect app on my iphone and proceed from there.

That said this is with the 2016 PCM and it probably is not the same as what is in your new baby.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
spook

Post by spook »

Just got my head around this as there are two Porsche apps and i have been having problems:

1. Porsche Car Connect app which is the PVTS (vodaphone tracker)
2. Porsche Connect app (My Porsche) with 8 digit pairing code.

The 1st screen shot you have shown is Porsche Car Connect which is not what you want, you should be opening Porsche Connect to display the Screen shots shown below it with a picture of your car and manage users.

I have a problem in that I cannot open the Porsche Connect app with my Samsung 8 using Crome or Samsung Web browsers but I can with my old samsung S 5 using crome however if i switch that to samsung browser that does not work !!
Currently I have logged a fault with Porsche Connect services with my phone problem and we are emailing each other.

The way I have got around putting POI's into my PCM is :
Log onto Porsche Connect with my iPad/ laptop and enter them into my Portal Personnel POI's and then when I go to the car and select Nav they are there no probs.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

spook wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:08 am Just got my head around this as there are two Porsche apps and i have been having problems:

1. Porsche Car Connect app which is the PVTS (vodaphone tracker)
2. Porsche Connect app (My Porsche) with 8 digit pairing code.

The 1st screen shot you have shown is Porsche Car Connect which is not what you want, you should be opening Porsche Connect to display the Screen shots shown below it with a picture of your car and manage users.

I have a problem in that I cannot open the Porsche Connect app with my Samsung 8 using Crome or Samsung Web browsers but I can with my old samsung S 5 using crome however if i switch that to samsung browser that does not work !!
Currently I have logged a fault with Porsche Connect services with my phone problem and we are emailing each other.

The way I have got around putting POI's into my PCM is :
Log onto Porsche Connect with my iPad/ laptop and enter them into my Portal Personnel POI's and then when I go to the car and select Nav they are there no probs.
Thanks spook, but I am in the my Porsche portal and not the old Vodafone app thing. The poi buttons just aren’t there. I have tried laptop, iPad & smart device.
They can’t have removed the function because the FAQ’s talk you through importing them into the PCM. But import them from where??

I have sent a query to Porsche and will also discuss with my SE when he calls me on Monday.
Taycan Turbo S

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Hello Smithy37, if I remember correctly, I think that you need to save the list of POI's from a website on your computer as a .gpx file or such like and then upload to the My Porsche portal.

Click on the Portal List POI’s tile to configure, then click on the arrow up icon.

A12993D5-42D0-4F78-AEA3-BDBD84EFB6F4.png

D7DF9F69-DBC5-40C0-9975-F0140896122B.png

Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
goron59

Post by goron59 »

When you upload POI lists via the website, as you posted in your pic, the list has to be quite small. Large lists come back with errors.

Assuming you upload them, you end up with something like this:

Update POIs 1.png

You can see that "Places.kml" is "Not available in the vehicle" even though it's been uploaded to the portal.

You then click the "Update destination lists in the vehicle" below:

Update POIs 2.png

Move the switch so it goes green, then click the big red "Update" below.

At this point, "you can use the function "Update destination lists in the vehicle" to define which points of interest should be transmitted to your vehicle." And "the destinations will be automatically available when the next vehicle connection is established."

If I remember correctly, ensure your car is connected with your ID and it should update automatically and appear as POIs on the maps.
You may have to check you are connected and perhaps update manually, but it's been a while since I've done this, and you have a different model car.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Semerka wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:46 pm I think that you need to save the list of POI's from a website on your computer as a .gpx file or such like and then upload to the My Porsche portal.

Click on the Portal List POI’s tile to configure, then click on the arrow up icon.
Thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it. However I do not have a portal list POI button, tile or link to press. It simply isn’t there. I have clicked every tile on the page I see in case it was buried in a sub-page but no luck.
I am sure the functionality exists as I can see in the manual how to import them onto the PCM. I just can’t find where I upload them.

I have pasted screen shots from my phone. The layout differs slightly on an iPad or PC but the tiles remain the same. The order of the pics are backwards (more technical issues, lol) but if you look at them from bottom - up you will follow.

Frustrating

AA763DBC-FD31-462C-ADA5-CF6EC5061C29.png

1A5681CA-FB36-46D0-9A5F-D0D63D6B6D5D.png

9B5B7DD5-5A07-47F0-AB51-64EB8FAD0FE6.jpeg

6B319216-9AED-4D52-8523-8E9809FCFC61.jpeg

Taycan Turbo S

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Semerka wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:46 pm Hello Smithy37, if I remember correctly, I think that you need to save the list of POI's from a website on your computer as a .gpx file or such like and then upload to the My Porsche portal.

Amazed when I saw this, given that I've posted several times recently that I couldn't see how GPX files could be uploaded to the car!

So it was full of anticipation that I leapt onto My Porsche first thing this morning, only to find that the site was down. However, somebody must have rebooted it so I managed to log on later. I found the screen you posted Semerka and tried to upload a GPX file but got an error message:

Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 09.27.26.png

I've also seen your helpful message too Goron, thanks for posting, but haven't managed to get that far yet. I tried a number of gpx files, even one that only has four POIs in it.

I'd really like to get a a file uploaded, either as a list of POIs or waypoints, even as a .gpx file of a route ultimately, but I seem to have failed at the 'Upload destination list stage'. Any thoughts anyone?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Trosley

Post by Trosley »

This looks an absolute nightmare and far beyond my capabilities! Is it something the SE will do on handover or afterwards if you ask? Or is this not advised :?:
Previous: Macan SD 2014
Current: Cayenne S 2018
goron59

Post by goron59 »

The fussiness of the file parser and size is a real service failure, here.

I just created this one (a few whisky bars from SMWS) and uploaded and and it worked ok.

SMWS Bars

I created it by making a new map in Google Maps online, adding the places to the single layer, then exporting the layer to a KML file.
On my Mac I have to then rename Whisky.kml.xml to just Whisky.kml, and then it uploaded just fine.

"Just fine" - LOL - given the hoops you have to go through.

Give that one a try so you can at least see how the process works.

If you get KML files from other sources, you may need to strip it down a bit, as there is a limit to the number of points and I suspect the parser at their end gets confused by the additional crap that some producers include.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR