Surround cam issues

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Hi, I am hoping someone can help with an issue that has just started with the surround cam on my one year old car; the cam not working and being replaced with a blank screen when reverse is engaged. I have the function button on the steering wheel set up for surround cam and that doesn’t work either when the fault occurs. I have tried turning the car off and then turning it back on, sometimes it works when doing this, other times the screen stays blank.

I recall seeing this issue described elsewhere on the forum but have been unable to locate the thread. Does anyone have an idea if there is a fix for the issue?

Thanks!
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

it's happened probably 5 times to me in 18 months, but never lasted very long.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

CharlesElliott wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:24 pm it's happened probably 5 times to me in 18 months, but never lasted very long.
+1
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Macan forum

Post by Macan forum »

Same here -once every couple,of months I’d say on average. Along with other small but noticeable software glitches with connect plus particularly switching between apple car play and ‘normal mode’ and changing the music ‘source.’ I just ignore them as they never last very long.
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Thanks for the responses. I guess I will have to continue to do the Porsche equivalent of ctrl-alt-del............
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

My car is in for exhaust tip replacement at the moment and I've asked them to look at the camera issues and whether there is an update for the MY2017 PCM.
uktivo

Post by uktivo »

+1 here also. My car has been back to the dealer this week with about 4 issues, a black surround camera intermittently, was one of them. The dealer just said they can do nothing because they can't see it happening and nothing has been logged within the software.
My Porsche history
944 (sold)
911 (992.1 - sold)
Macan Turbo (sold)
Panamera turbo S E Hybrid (sold)
Cayenne sport (the bosses)
Taycan Turbo loving it.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

After asking them to double check, OPC Guildford have said that my PCM is fully up to date but there is a new release coming soon which they will upgrade my car to when it arrives.