Macan satellite navigation

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Paul wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:26 pm
Dandock wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:34 pm Had quote for CarPlay from Tewkesbury

“We can indeed now retro fit car play to your vehicle. The total inclusive cost for this is £516.00”

Seems a bit expensive when compared to figures already mentioned!

Also as Kitty has PCM4 they can update Nav foc.
Point them in the direction of the tequipment website Mike.
Providing you’ve got the voice control button and Nav, they need to explain where the additional £200 come from!
Thats the Porsche workshop tax Paul. Actually £200 is reasonable compared to the cost of an oil change :o
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Update on Nav update.

Kitty will be 3 in 9 days time so she went to OPC for an MOT and warranty extension checks on Monday (got a nice Cayman for the day 😀). I also asked about a Nav update. No problem and more importantly no charge.

Incidentally she’s done a midges over 25K and the tyres - Michelins - were measured at +/- 5mm.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Dandock wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:50 pm Update on Nav update.

Kitty will be 3 in 9 days time so she went to OPC for an MOT and warranty extension checks on Monday (got a nice Cayman for the day 😀). I also asked about a Nav update. No problem and more importantly no charge.

Incidentally she’s done a midges over 25K and the tyres - Michelins - were measured at +/- 5mm.
Mike

25k and 5mm, have you been driving like Miss Daisy

:D

Ps
Good grief three years, it only seems like yesterday that The Three Macaneers bought our respective Macans (3 Macaneers btw are Dandock, WingCo and myself as we all bought or first Macans within a few days of each other).
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

It just goes to show how different dealerships even within the same group vary!

I was in this week for two rear tyres (@ 25000 miles 😊 - fronts on 4 ish mm so they’ll go again for a bit) and a transfer box 😳

I queried nav updates and was told there was one, that the SD card was £85 odd plus an hour’s labour! (I declined)

I akso asked in general about a PCM software update, was told there was a later version of the software but it could not be applied as a matter of course, only to cure a customer reported fault, (I can feel a fault coming on just prior to my Warranty expiry in September😉)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 pm
Dandock wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:50 pm Update on Nav update.

Mike

25k and 5mm, have you been driving like Miss Daisy

:D

Ps
Good grief three years, it only seems like yesterday that The Three Macaneers bought our respective Macans (3 Macaneers btw are Dandock, WingCo and myself as we all bought or first Macans within a few days of each other).
Indeed, Col. They were exciting times after having had such a substantial wait.

And not too Miss Daisy. Just taking very smooth lines! ;) And lots and lots of Autoroute, Autobahn and Autopista kilometres! :D

I compared the figures they gave me with the ones from last September and some of the tread depths have actually increased. :o
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 pm It just goes to show how different dealerships even within the same group vary!

I was in this week for two rear tyres (@ 25000 miles 😊 - fronts on 4 ish mm so they’ll go again for a bit) and a transfer box 😳

I queried nav updates and was told there was one, that the SD card was £85 odd plus an hour’s labour! (I declined)

I akso asked in general about a PCM software update, was told there was a later version of the software but it could not be applied as a matter of course, only to cure a customer reported fault, (I can feel a fault coming on just prior to my Warranty expiry in September😉)
I had a brief conversation about the sat nav and the reported differences and was told something about different models, dealers, methodology - discs/downloads... All very confusing!
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I was under the impression that a new car would get updates for the first three years.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Rab J wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:22 pm I was under the impression that a new car would get updates for the first three years.
Indeed, but it seems that there may be different routes by which to achieve it and that some OPCs are either insufficiently trained, or that those routes are simply too complicated and/or differ from MY to MY - which seems odd to say the least.