Passanger seat electrics dead!

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

The wife tried to adjust the passenger seat today and it was totally dead, everything else works including the heated seat, but none of the seat adjustments or memory functions work on it. There are no lights or warnings anywhere, and I've had a look at the fuses and they seem to be fine, so has anyone else experienced this? To me it's a blown fuse or a loose connection somewhere, but the seats are so low I can't get access under them and the fuses appear to be fine - suggestions other than get an auto electrician or Porsche to look at it? :oops:

jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

As no one has come back on this I'm guessing it's just one of those things and no one else has had the issue?

I'll pop it into an auto electrician, I don't think Porsche need be contacted to find a fuse I can't ;)
VanB

Post by VanB »

Probably everyone is non-plussed by your issue. I would suspect either a loose connector somewhere or possibly some other damage to the wiring loom but no definitive advice which is why I suspect no replies
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have seen this on an Audi Q5

Happened after it was cleaned / hoovered and someone caught the wiring under the seat and disconnected a connector.

It was a simple as that. Any cleaning happened since it worked last?
GTS 😀
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Might be worth looking under the seat with a mirror possibly.

As said, possibly a loose connection.

Hopefully something simple.
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

Yea, I've done all the obvious stuff, and I'm sure it's something stupid, but if you can't locate it your cant fix it - although I now know there are three fuse boxes in my car :lol: