Which Nav version do you have?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:12 am Update - we're still not there yet!

My 911 was in last week for an oil change. The OPC 'found' an SD card they didn't know they had. The service team didn't know what version it contained, however it was plugged into the car and left to do its thing while the other work was being done. Interestingly, the SD card box bore one of the two part numbers I had already given the service advisor having found it in the Macan parts list download.

Slightly clouding the issue was that a couple of weeks earlier I had updated two regions over the air (OTA) and that had changed the database version date from 2018 to 2019. The two regions were shown as 'already latest version' while the remainder were shown as available to update. Following the download from the SD card all regions were greyed out, ie not available to update OTA. The database version date remains at 2019. We agreed that this SD card would be used in the Macan when it went in for its winter/summer wheel swap on Tuesday.

So I duly pitched up at the OPC, full of anticipation! Long story short, the workshop tech discovered that the Macan, a non Connect Plus car, requires a different update procedure. They need to order in a CD and, separately, a licence key to enable the update. The car is booked in again on 25 April.

This saga feels a bit like Brexit!

Absolutely!!

It would be helpful, to say the least, if the different facets of Porsche actually had the same script.

Feeling frustrated and in an attempt to get ‘official’ advice I emailed Porsche U.K. a couple of days ago. This is their response!!! Haven’t replied yet so your experience will be be useful.

I have been informed by our Technical Department that we do not hold records here for the latest update versions of the software. This is all stored Online, and accessible through your PCM Unit via the Data Sim.

If there is no Embedded Sim in the vehicle, then you have a choice of the following options:
· To insert a Sim card into the Sim Slot and carry out any available updates
· Take the vehicle to a Porsche Centre and they can manually carry out an update for you if available

Our Technical Department confirmed there may be an update available for your vehicle, however we cannot remotely confirm this. This can only be confirmed through the use of a Sim, whilst the vehicle has mobile internet connectivity.

Un - bl@@dy - believable!

THEY DONT HOLD RECORDS!!!

They seem to be saying that its the car that knows what’s available!!! 🥴🤬😡

Think I’ll pop out and ask the voice control!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dandock wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:59 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:12 am Update - we're still not there yet!

My 911 was in last week for an oil change. The OPC 'found' an SD card they didn't know they had. The service team didn't know what version it contained, however it was plugged into the car and left to do its thing while the other work was being done. Interestingly, the SD card box bore one of the two part numbers I had already given the service advisor having found it in the Macan parts list download.

Slightly clouding the issue was that a couple of weeks earlier I had updated two regions over the air (OTA) and that had changed the database version date from 2018 to 2019. The two regions were shown as 'already latest version' while the remainder were shown as available to update. Following the download from the SD card all regions were greyed out, ie not available to update OTA. The database version date remains at 2019. We agreed that this SD card would be used in the Macan when it went in for its winter/summer wheel swap on Tuesday.

So I duly pitched up at the OPC, full of anticipation! Long story short, the workshop tech discovered that the Macan, a non Connect Plus car, requires a different update procedure. They need to order in a CD and, separately, a licence key to enable the update. The car is booked in again on 25 April.

This saga feels a bit like Brexit!

Absolutely!!

It would be helpful, to say the least, if the different facets of Porsche actually had the same script.

Feeling frustrated and in an attempt to get ‘official’ advice I emailed Porsche U.K. a couple of days ago. This is their response!!! Haven’t replied yet so your experience will be be useful.

I have been informed by our Technical Department that we do not hold records here for the latest update versions of the software. This is all stored Online, and accessible through your PCM Unit via the Data Sim.

If there is no Embedded Sim in the vehicle, then you have a choice of the following options:
· To insert a Sim card into the Sim Slot and carry out any available updates
· Take the vehicle to a Porsche Centre and they can manually carry out an update for you if available

Our Technical Department confirmed there may be an update available for your vehicle, however we cannot remotely confirm this. This can only be confirmed through the use of a Sim, whilst the vehicle has mobile internet connectivity.

Un - bl@@dy - believable!

THEY DONT HOLD RECORDS!!!

They seem to be saying that its the car that knows what’s available!!! 🥴🤬😡

Think I’ll pop out and ask the voice control!
I agree, it is crazy that the corporate organisation and the OPCs are so disconnected on this.

What do they mean when they say you can insert a SIM to carry out the update if the car has no embedded Sim? My car, as a non-Connect vehicle, does not have an embedded data SIM but neither does it have a SIM slot!!

During this whole sad tale the only source of information I had any confidence in was provided by a very knowledgeable lady on the Porsche Connect helpdesk. She really was up to speed on the update process, and I passed on the information to my OPC service advisor. Shame the same thing can't be said about the wider organisation.

We'll see what the 25th brings...........
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

LATEST !!!

After contacting Porsche directly via the e help system on their website, whatever it’s called - and a few firm emails later - I have, this morning, received this...

The part number that you would need for your vehicle is ‘9P1 909 000 T’. This is the latest update for your vehicle. The Centre should allow half a day for this update to be carried out, allowing for quality checks on site.

As I hopefully should be at my OPC later to collect the newly shod Kitty I will raise the matter and report back.

Should be interesting as it appears as if they’d allowed just 20 minutes. :shock:

Has anyone come across this part number before? Would be useful to know before I go storming in.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am LATEST !!!

After contacting Porsche directly via the e help system on their website, whatever it’s called - and a few firm emails later - I have, this morning, received this...

The part number that you would need for your vehicle is ‘9P1 909 000 T’. This is the latest update for your vehicle. The Centre should allow half a day for this update to be carried out, allowing for quality checks on site.

As I hopefully should be at my OPC later to collect the newly shod Kitty I will raise the matter and report back.

Should be interesting as it appears as if they’d allowed just 20 minutes. :shock:

Has anyone come across this part number before? Would be useful to know before I go storming in.
“Part number” often equates to “invoice” Mike.....😉😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 am
Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am LATEST !!!

“Part number” often equates to “invoice” Mike.....😉😉
And I thought I was cynical. 🥴

Seriously, it should, hopefully, at least provide a point of reference.

Having said that I googled it and it came up correctly as a Nav update - but for 911s etc. No mention of Macans!

I’ve asked when it was issued but haven’t yet heard back.
Whizz

Post by Whizz »

I've also been struggling to get my 2014 Macan maps updated. Found this alternative solution last week - just upgrade the system to work with Apple CarPlay or Android, and use the maps from the phone. I'm booked in next week for the upgrade.

https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Whizz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 am I've also been struggling to get my 2014 Macan maps updated. Found this alternative solution last week - just upgrade the system to work with Apple CarPlay or Android, and use the maps from the phone. I'm booked in next week for the upgrade.

https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto
Yes, I have, and am still considering Apple CarPlay but thought, as I still qualified, I’d try the upgrade first rather than shell out another £400+.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Just heard back from Porsche UK again.

Mr Wild

We do not have a specific release date, however update 9P1 909 000 T was released at some point in 2017. I understand this is now two years old and is not going to be the most up to date.

We have looked into future updates and it appears that there will be one released for your vehicle in May 2019. This will be available at your Porsche Centre. The Part number for it is 9P1.909.000.AL.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 am Just heard back from Porsche UK again.

Mr Wild

We do not have a specific release date, however update 9P1 909 000 T was released at some point in 2017. I understand this is now two years old and is not going to be the most up to date.

We have looked into future updates and it appears that there will be one released for your vehicle in May 2019. This will be available at your Porsche Centre. The Part number for it is 9P1.909.000.AL.
Interesting, that's new information. Yes, The part number you quoted in your earlier post was the one I gave my OPC a couple of weeks ago. I found it in the Macan parts list downloadable from the Porsche UK website. It's the same in the 911 parts list.

As you know, I'm going in tomorrow to get my Macan updated. They told me a while ago that, for my MY2017 non-Connect car they needed to get a DVD in, together with a licence key, in order to perform the update. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:10 pm
Dandock wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 am Just heard back from Porsche UK again.

Mr Wild

Interesting, that's new information. Yes, The part number you quoted in your earlier post was the one I gave my OPC a couple of weeks ago. I found it in the Macan parts list downloadable from the Porsche UK website. It's the same in the 911 parts list.

As you know, I'm going in tomorrow to get my Macan updated. They told me a while ago that, for my MY2017 non-Connect car they needed to get a DVD in, together with a licence key, in order to perform the update. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
Hi Nick

I’m actually in my OPC at the moment. I’d thought to mention the part number but as it’s got to come in again for the wheel refurb I’ll wait to see what happens to you tomorrow.

PS. Thinks... if I can prove that they didn’t update it as they should have and if delay raising the matter until after your visit , I might be able to blag the May 19 update. ;)