Which Nav version do you have?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Persistence is obviously the key. I’m still asking Tewkesbury but currently not getting anywhere other than ‘I’ll ask the service manager’!!

Getting very frustrated now and my tone has begun to deteriorate. Next stop centre principal, perhaps.

Any advice on tactics welcome. 🤯
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Paul

Post by Paul »

Dandock wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 am Persistence is obviously the key. I’m still asking Tewkesbury but currently not getting anywhere other than ‘I’ll ask the service manager’!!

Getting very frustrated now and my tone has begun to deteriorate. Next stop centre principal, perhaps.

I spoke to “Claire” at customer services (Reading) who verbally confirmed foc updates in the warranty period.

Alternatively Mike, pop down to Bristol......😉

(My MOT invoice etc specifically states “last free map update” - confirming the foc in warranty bit)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 am
Dandock wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 am Persistence is obviously the key. I’m still asking Tewkesbury but currently not getting anywhere other than ‘I’ll ask the service manager’!!

I spoke to “Claire” at customer services (Reading) who verbally confirmed foc updates in the warranty period.

(My MOT invoice etc specifically states “last free map update” - confirming the foc in warranty bit)
Thanks Paul. Kitty is actually out of warranty but only had due updates during the warranty period. I’ll check my MOT invoice. As I remember the time shown for the update done that day was 20 minutes!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Little Urchin

Post by Little Urchin »

Having similar issues with our car registered Jan 2017 and built Nov 2016. The PCM4 has Connect Plus and a live subscription. I've previously tried online updates, connected to the home wifi, which have always failed to locate any.

I was informed yesterday by the OPC, although the suggested SD-Card part-number 9P1.909.000.AL. is for a PCM4 Maps update it was not compatible with our PCM4 software version and they don’t know when the updated maps will become available.

Original Nov 2016 build software setup

IMG_1173.JPG

Original Nov 2016 build software setup

IMG_1174.JPG

TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Dandock wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:05 am

Thanks Paul. Kitty is actually out of warranty but only had due updates during the warranty period. I’ll check my MOT invoice. As I remember the time shown for the update done that day was 20 minutes!
Hey Dandock. Latest update, not the technical one yet. My local OPC, said we charge 250 for that update, even though it's under warranty. So looking through the thread, I noted that Bristol do it FOC. So I'm booked in to have mine updated. So fairs fair, I'm extending my warranty, so I'll do it with them, and the 111 point check. And also my MOT, although I'm sure it will be full price. A day and night in Bristol too.
Paul

Post by Paul »

^^
just don’t try to book the Premier inn next door to the dealership......😉😉😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

TheTraveller wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 am
Dandock wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:05 am

Hey Dandock. Latest update, not the technical one yet. My local OPC, said we charge 250 for that update, even though it's under warranty. So looking through the thread, I noted that Bristol do it FOC. So I'm booked in to have mine updated. So fairs fair, I'm extending my warranty, so I'll do it with them, and the 111 point check. And also my MOT, although I'm sure it will be full price. A day and night in Bristol too.
I have an extended warranty. Hopefully that and the fact that they haven’t fulfilled their obligations will help.

Have emailed again this afternoon and copied in the CP who, I’m informed by an automatic response, is away until ‘Tuesday 22nd August’. :roll: We wait... :|
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Paul wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:24 pm ^^
just don’t try to book the Premier inn next door to the dealership......😉😉😂
I've used one of my free nights from one of the booking sites. That makes it even better. Without checking, lazy I know, it's a golf complex somewhere just otside. I don't golf, but it looked good on the pic's.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul/Nick. Was it just the Nav or a full PCM update? Or both? Or just limited Nav maps? And how long did it take?

I’ve finally got a FOC ‘go’ from Tewkesbury but they’re asking if I’d like to have it done whilst I wait. Maybe a FOC is one thing but a loaner something else. :roll:
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dandock wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:20 pm Paul/Nick. Was it just the Nav or a full PCM update? Or both? Or just limited Nav maps? And how long did it take?

I’ve finally got a FOC ‘go’ from Tewkesbury but they’re asking if I’d like to have it done whilst I wait. Maybe a FOC is one thing but a loaner something else. :roll:
Just the full nav database Dandock, per the recent photos from Paul and me. Mine took around two hours I think, meanwhile my wife dragged me round the mall at Cribbs.

Good news they're going to do it finally.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA