Which Nav version do you have?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Well, here we are Porsche Tewkesbury surrounded by lots of lovely machinery.

Arrived at 8:45. It’s now just turned 11:40 and the technician has just been out to have a word. And good news - all done - the ‘latest’ 2018 mapping now installed albeit not via CD as we initially conceived.

Apparently the CD installed failed with the PCM failing to recognise it. They then contacted Bristol and Germany and as a result employed an SD card.

So, all complete and now being washed.

But what a faff. An estimated 2 hours is now 3 and counting. The internal variations of the PCMs is mind boggling. Nothing appears to be what it seems and these updates appear to be done on a ‘try-it-and-see’ basis as no reference as what is fitted to individual vehicles seems to exist.

The staff are all very helpful and whilst grateful for what’s been done I’m also kinda speechless. 😳

I truly hope the EVs will be better sorted in that respect.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:55 am Well, here we are Porsche Tewkesbury surrounded by lots of lovely machinery.

Arrived at 8:45. It’s now just turned 11:40 and the technician has just been out to have a word. And good news - all done - the ‘latest’ 2018 mapping now installed albeit not via CD as we initially conceived.

Apparently the CD installed failed with the PCM failing to recognise it. They then contacted Bristol and Germany and as a result employed an SD card.

But what a faff. An estimated 2 hours is now 3 and counting. The internal variations of the PCMs is mind boggling. Nothing appears to be what it seems and these updates appear to be done on a ‘try-it-and-see’ basis as no reference as what is fitted to individual vehicles seems to exist.

The staff are all very helpful and whilst grateful for what’s been done I’m also kinda speechless. 😳

You should have the 2019 map update. See my post on page 6 of this thread. It was done by their sister OPC in Swindon.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:26 pm
Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:55 am Well, here we are Porsche Tewkesbury surrounded by lots of lovely machinery.

You should have the 2019 map update. See my post on page 6 of this thread. It was done by their sister OPC in Swindon.
12:32. Just finished.

It’s seems as if there’s an almost infinite variation. I’ve been told 2018. I’ll interrogate the system when I get time at home and repost. Meanwhile... the country route home 😀
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Latest screenshots of system information following this morning’s efforts at Tewkesbury! 😳

406F7328-3D5C-481B-BC40-5362ED86C194.jpeg

35C676F7-247D-4437-B3BF-B94985FBD632.jpeg

Paul

Post by Paul »

👎👎☹️☹️
You’re still a year behind Mike! (Sorry!)

P6 of this thread (SAC) and P8 (me) show pics of the “ latest” 2019 maps.....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:08 pm 👎👎☹️☹️

So it appears. They were trying to explain that there are so many variations that its very difficult to pin down what is correct. :roll: They also bemoaned the amount of misleading information on forums!

Also, and rather alarmingly nothing appears to have changed! Unless they can prove otherwise - and I've asked for the System Information that they believe it should be - apart for a health check, a wash and a mini valet its been a complete waste of 5 hours and the fuel. :(
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:23 pm

So it appears. They were trying to explain that there are so many variations that its very difficult to pin down what is correct. :roll: They also bemoaned the amount of misleading information on forums!

Also, and rather alarmingly nothing appears to have changed! Unless they can prove otherwise - and I've asked for the System Information that they believe it should be - apart for a health check, a wash and a mini valet its been a complete waste of 5 hours and the fuel. :(
A sorry tale Mike. If they spoke to the right people in Bristol they would have learnt the correct part number of the SD card and the date of the navigation database it contains. This card was used in mine and Paul's car. It's 'only' an updated version of the existing mapping database so all this nonsense about versions of PCM is a smokescreen I'm afraid. If they can't/won't do it they should cover the costs for your car to be updated by Bristol.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:09 pm

A sorry tale Mike. If they spoke to the right people in Bristol they would have learnt the correct part number of the SD card and the date of the navigation database it contains. This card was used in mine and Paul's car. It's 'only' an updated version of the existing mapping database so all this nonsense about versions of PCM is a smokescreen I'm afraid. If they can't/won't do it they should cover the costs for your car to be updated by Bristol.
Hi Nick. Yes, my thoughts exactly. I think I could do worst than phone Bristol and see what they have to say.

I emailed Tewkesbury about two hours ago asking for the System Information details but have not heard a sound since! Do you think if I put a deposit down on a Mission E it might motivate them to provide a better service?
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi Nick. Yes, my thoughts exactly. I think I could do worst than phone Bristol and see what they have to say.

I emailed Tewkesbury about two hours ago asking for the System Information details but have not heard a sound since! Do you think if I lodged a Letter of Intent for a Mission E it might motivate them to provide a better service?
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:19 pm
Dandock wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:17 pm

I emailed Tewkesbury about two hours ago asking for the System Information details but have not heard a sound since! Do you think if I lodged a Letter of Intent for a Mission E it might motivate them to provide a better service?
Maybe better a LoI on an Audi e-Tron! :lol:

Mark was the service advisor I dealt with at Bristol, but the others should be up to speed on this too. I got my update done, finally, just before the end of the warranty period when updates are/were free. Good luck, I hope you get this sorted.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA