Connect services

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
pmg

Post by pmg »

MacanS11 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:39 pm Can’t get Nav Plus, News, Weather.
Nav Plus - real time traffic is the most important.
I’ve attached some screenshots of what I’m seeing on the website, if it helps explain.
if you are not getting the "navigation and Info services" that are included for free for two years, something has not happened or happened late in the new car process. Did you get an invitation to set up your "My Porsche" account by email. I then got sent an 8 digit code which then needs to be entered into the settings on the vehicle's computer to gain access to these features. My OPC had asked me to pass this to them so they had done this when I picked up my New Macan.
Last edited by pmg on Wed May 08, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

So you could try setting up your car's wifi hotspot using your phone as the internet source and see if that makes a difference with access to the apps and the Nav plus?
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2019 Volcano Grey Macan 8-) Arrived 6th May 2019
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

ooooh have you been to the Connect Store website?

https://connect-store.porsche.com/gb/en/

I think you might need to go through the 'purchase' scenario but the cost will be £0.00 I have a vague memory of this in my handover!!
Sal
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
pmg

Post by pmg »

MrsMacan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:01 pm So you could try setting up your car's wifi hotspot using your phone as the internet source and see if that makes a difference with access to the apps and the Nav plus?
No see my latest reply above via "Navigation and Info services". Accessing the wifi hotspot via the phone will give the car access to some of the apps on Phone
pmg

Post by pmg »

MrsMacan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:05 pm ooooh have you been to the Connect Store website?

https://connect-store.porsche.com/gb/en/

I think you might need to go through the 'purchase' scenario but the cost will be £0.00 I have a vague memory of this in my handover!!
The crucial item is that 8 digit access code that gets sent when you join my Porche and entering that into the car. As I said previously mY OPC asked me to send that to them and had entered it before I picked up my car. If you have joined my porsche and not had code via email, you need to chase that up.
MacanS11

Post by MacanS11 »

Did receive the 8 digit code and OPC have checked everything their end and say it should be operational. Might have to go in and show them as it’s mystery so far.
MrsMacan

Post by MrsMacan »

MacanS11 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:13 pm Did receive the 8 digit code and OPC have checked everything their end and say it should be operational. Might have to go in and show them as it’s mystery so far.
The connect store website is where I can manage my services. After I've logged on (same as the My Porsche login) I can see the car's VIN number, underneath there is an option for Navigation and Infotainment Package:

If you click the red 'Find out More' button underneath it opens another page and mine tells me I have an active contract until 2021. This was free, as pmg has said, you get 2 years included. I do think you need to go through a 'purchase' process though. I'm sure the SE did this for me (on my phone) while we were going through all the PCM settings and options at handover. During this process you accept the terms and conditions, it's definitely worth logging on and having a look.
Sal
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

I found Audi and Merc connect services easy to set up, the Porsche/Vodafone services are about as convoluted as they can be.
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
Eon

Post by Eon »

Hiya
From chatting to Porsche Connect Support, there's an issue with account activation in some cases. Same issue as above, click all the conditions and then its asks you to pay etc, some apps aren't active. Apparently they are working on it and all of these accounts are on one ticket. Would be good to call them though and register your issue (Freephone 0808 168 5219-they are open till 8pm).
See what they say, although it does depend on who you talk to-just dont try a Factory rest (as one suggested) as it wont work and just causes more issues!! :( :(
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Please remember there are two separate systems, the Porsche one related to the online services and the tracking services operated via Vodafone.

Both systems are subscription only on completion of the free period and it is not a single subscription it is two separate ones.

The Porsche system is two years and the Vodafone is whatever it is for the base level option 1 only and when the subscription becomes due there are three price options although options 2 and 3 can be subscribed to when you buy the car or at anytime thereafter.

Unless things have changed and nobody has told me otherwise, which is always possible.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags