Connect services

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

DieselE wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:42 pm " I couldn't access the Navigation or News service through the website until I had bought a data package. I did buy one for £29 which is no doubt a rip off but I wanted to test it out and will get another data SIM at some point. "

I don't think they let you use your own data connection for your own hardware. You MUST purchase theirs. I no longer have Google search on my nav despite having a data SIM in the dash slot. Great.
I don’t believe this is correct. I, and others here, have purchased data SIMS to replace the Porsche offering which was good value when it was free!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Google search is one of the subscription based services in 1st gen Macans. The earlier 2017 models did not have a built in SIM, so you needed your own SIM and subscribe to the Connect services. The later built cars do have a built in SIM, but you still need to subscribe to the Connect services in My Porsche portal.

That’s my experience. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
DieselE

Post by DieselE »

Semerka wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:50 pm Google search is one of the subscription based services in 1st gen Macans. The earlier 2017 models did not have a built in SIM, so you needed your own SIM and subscribe to the Connect services. The later built cars do have a built in SIM, but you still need to subscribe to the Connect services in My Porsche portal.

That’s my experience. [emoji2]
This is my experience too, and I remain fuming about it. They pretend they are doing you some great service by allowing you to pay to connect to free websites and the free RTTI service.

It adds insult:

[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/kK5tijzl.jpg[/img][/url]

To injury:

[url=[img]http://i.imgur.com/0aCE3Xcl.jpg[/img][/url]

My data connection is clearly live (and cost me £42 for 50Gb that lasts 18 months) but they wont let me use it to connect to free access services like Google, Gracenote, RTTI...
Macan Turbo PP
Rapide
M235i
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

My Remote Services subscription is about to expire and I won't be renewing it. Can anyone that hasn't renewed confirm that you can still get to the online manual in the App without this?

I do have a full paper one, but am just intrigued :)
Macan S MY 2023