Latest PCM , I'm not impressed

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
davewf

Post by davewf »

So I have a loan Macan 2 litre , cars fine definitely worlds apart from my GTS engine wise but is returning mid 30's fuel consumption so impressed with that.

However it has the latest PCM, did no one from Porsche ever drive a UK spec car? Seriously how can it be acceptable to have a vertical set of options on the RHS so you have to lean your head to read them because they are obscured by the steering wheel. Its not a big job to code in an option allowing these buttons to be relocated.

Also the text on the whole thing along with icons seem to have shrunk not a lot of good for someone with varifocals with a limited focus area for reading.

All in all its very slick looking but an ergonomic disaster. This would actually put me off buying the car. No wonder cars like Tesla with a tablet have autonomous driving it's to save you crashing while hunting for the radio button.

Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

Have you tried the drop down compass? That's in German.
davewf

Post by davewf »

Classic
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

davewf wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 pm So I have a loan Macan 2 litre , cars fine definitely worlds apart from my GTS engine wise but is returning mid 30's fuel consumption so impressed with that.

However it has the latest PCM, did no one from Porsche ever drive a UK spec car? Seriously how can it be acceptable to have a vertical set of options on the RHS so you have to lean your head to read them because they are obscured by the steering wheel. Its not a big job to code in an option allowing these buttons to be relocated.

Also the text on the whole thing along with icons seem to have shrunk not a lot of good for someone with varifocals with a limited focus area for reading.

All in all its very slick looking but an ergonomic disaster. This would actually put me off buying the car. No wonder cars like Tesla with a tablet have autonomous driving it's to save you crashing while hunting for the radio button.
Thats what ACC is for.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

It’s interesting to note that Leica, the most respected name in camera (and instrument design), are increasingly moving back to dials and switches for essential controls.

...the M10 allows all essential shooting parameters such as distance, aperture, exposure time and ISO values to be preselected without using the menu – or even switching on the camera. For even better control...
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀