WiFi hotspot - please explain

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

The Connect app (or trash as I now term it :lol: ) is not currently capable of sending a route to car. The Porsche helpline told me that, in fixing one issue with the app, they have broken the ability to send a route to car. They said they are working on a fix. But, even if it does get fixed, the app is v poor overall. Apple Car Play seems the only way to go...

When it does get fixed you should be able to send to car from wherever as it is the app connecting to the car.

hth
Last edited by Connoisseur on Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Not how I use it.

I go into the Connect portal in My Porsche using a web browser

Under the Services tab I go into 'Portal Personal POIs'. In there I search on a destination, click on it and select 'Save'. It's pretty good, for instance if I type 'Porsche Edinburgh' it finds the centre with its address and postcode

Next time I go to the car the destination is available and I can select it as a destination. Ignition does not need to be on in the car, nor the PCM live for the transfer to happen.

As a footnote I've not found out how to set a route up using this as opposed to destinations along a route

You can use the 'Portal List POIs' to send a list of POIs to the car. I've put details how to do this for adding speed cameras to the PCM

Any questions - please ask. I'm no means an expert and keen to learn more
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver