Online Services PCM 3.1

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
kamranj

Post by kamranj »

Hi All

newbie here, sorry if I am not posting correctly!

I have just picked up my new (to me) Macan S D its a 2015 with the PCM 3.1 in it running Firmware version 4.75. The fella in the dealership told me to register on the connect site and send through the activation code so I can get things like RTTI and weather etc.

Have done all that and am now waiting for it be activated, but reading online everything suggests I need the AHA app?

all a bit confusing, has anyone got a guide as to how this works?

Appreciate the help!

Kamran

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

And another welcome to wonderful yet very confusing world of Porsche ownership.

There is a mobile phone/tablet App by Porsche called Good To Know, if you install it and select the Macan related to the one you now own then within the App there is a mountain of information.

The PCM you have is one of the early versions and the services available are not necessarily the same as those experienced by PCM 4 owners which was in use from mid 2016 until the release of the current facelifted Macan.

There are two types of Connect services available, one being Car Connect which is the Vodafone tracking system and associated App, then there is what is basically the My Porsche Connect services which are real time traffic, online features, streaming and in car WiFi.

I do not remember that the SD I had which was a 2015 build having real time traffic or any online services other than map updates.

I will leave it to other to advise further and hopefully in more detail than I can.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Guy

Post by Guy »

kamranj wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 pm Hi All

newbie here, sorry if I am not posting correctly!

I have just picked up my new (to me) Macan S D its a 2015 with the PCM 3.1 in it running Firmware version 4.75. The fella in the dealership told me to register on the connect site and send through the activation code so I can get things like RTTI and weather etc.

Have done all that and am now waiting for it be activated, but reading online everything suggests I need the AHA app?

all a bit confusing, has anyone got a guide as to how this works?

Appreciate the help!

Kamran
Online Services was a separate option that would have to have been specified in order to be able to use the AHA app. You can retrofit it as explained here: http://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag ... C5002F68A3

AFAIK Online services in unrelated to Porsche 'Connect'.

(EDIT: I should add that RTTI is a further option that can be retrofitted with Online Services - see here: http://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/pag ... S%20Diesel)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Thanks for that Guy.

I had forgotten just how odd the system used to be before PCM 4 come along.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
kamranj

Post by kamranj »

Thanks for all the help!

The good to know app is really helpful also