Data sim - no expiry, no contract - does it exist?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

I'm looking to buy a data sim for my PCM - to access Google maps and other online stuff.
Ideally, I'm looking for a data sim where I buy the data allowance and it does not expire or require additional payment until the allowance runs out.
Does such a thing exist?

VanB

Post by VanB »

By now it probably does as deals are changing all the time. For example most networks have recently released unlimited data bundles which have never been available historically at a reasonable price.

I have a family data bundle at 30gb per month and pay £2 a month for the sim in my car that shares this bundle. This is with Vodafone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Depends how data hungry your usage will be.

3 do a free sim with the first 200Mb free, each month. If you use more then you would buy a top-up.

I use one in my car just for Google maps, live traffic, speed cam locations etc and haven't used more than a third of the monthly allowance of data.

If you want to use the hotspot to surf then this probably is not for you as you will burn through the free data very quickly.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Best I’ve found is a ‘Three’ data only sim. 24Gb and lasts for 24 months. Amazon selling it for £44

Had it in my Audi (and earlier ones) and the online services traffic updates etc get nowhere near using all the data

In other words £44 for 24 months less than £2 per month
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver