Need a help

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
1Tap

Post by 1Tap »

Hi!

I just wondered if anyone could help and confirm on some of the below questions, so that I can ascertain whether I am simply not aware of settings, if there are problems or if they are just system limitations?

I have a 2019 Gen 2 Macan S

-Does/should the media volume quieten when reversing or when parking sensors turn on to enable sensor beeps to be heard? Is this a setting? Mine currently does not, but most cars I would say this does happen.
-When listening to Bluetooth music can you scroll through tracks or select via the steering controls apart from if diamond key is set to next media track? Mine appears not to.

CarPlay
-Can you initiate a phone call on car play from the steering wheel controls. Mine you cannot, only via the main central screen.
-With car play can you scroll through tracks etc with the steering controls on car play. Mine you cannot.
-If you have the steering diamond key set to next media track, on car play play does this still select next track? My key does not do anything on car play only on Bluetooth streaming.

-Are you able to access the manual on the PCM? Mine says needs installing. Should OPC have installed this or something?
https://9apps.ooo/download https://luckypatcher.pro/apk/

vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

You should try posting your question in“ Electronics and car entertainment “.You may get a better response.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

1Tap wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 pm Hi!

I just wondered if anyone could help and confirm on some of the below questions, so that I can ascertain whether I am simply not aware of settings, if there are problems or if they are just system limitations?

-Does/should the media volume quieten when reversing or when parking sensors turn on to enable sensor beeps to be heard? Is this a setting? Mine currently does not, but most cars I would say this does happen.
-When listening to Bluetooth music can you scroll through tracks or select via the steering controls apart from if diamond key is set to next media track? Mine appears not to.

CarPlay
-Can you initiate a phone call on car play from the steering wheel controls. Mine you cannot, only via the main central screen.
-With car play can you scroll through tracks etc with the steering controls on car play. Mine you cannot.
-If you have the steering diamond key set to next media track, on car play play does this still select next track? My key does not do anything on car play only on Bluetooth streaming.

-Are you able to access the manual on the PCM? Mine says needs installing. Should OPC have installed this or something?
There’s no content in the drivers manual on mine either. I generally go online and use the Good to Know app.

Regarding CarPlay phone calls - no I don’t think you can make calls using steering wheel controls. You can always use Siri voice control if you want to make hands free calls.

You may find my earlier post ‘Top tech quirks’ of some interest.
https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9096
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
happy days

Post by happy days »

1Tap wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:06 pm Hi!

CarPlay

No
No

No
No
No

No
Macan S D
718 S
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

2017 Macan GTS. I've found these work

Yes. Scroll through the right hand thumbwheel for Audio and press the thumbwheel. Mine lists the tracks and can scroll up / down to select

CarPlay

Yes. Long press on the left hand stalk end brings up Siri. Then can ask Siri to call whoever

Hope this helps
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver