Apple Car Play in iOS 13

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

That looks pretty impressive. I might add CarPlay when 'Holly' goes in for the 3 year check in December.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Guy

Post by Guy »

Guy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:26 pm
Miopyk wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:04 pm
Guy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:35 am I just had a play (in my wife's car, with her phone!). I think that the useful 'split screen' display only works with Apple Maps, rather than Waze, which is a shame.

Good job my Macan doesn't have Car Play as I'd be forced to upgrade my iPhone 5s in order to get IOS13 :lol:
Used it today to go to Blenheim and the split screen works with Waze as well.
Oh good, I'll give it another try later.
I still can't get Waze mapping to show in the Car Play split screen mode in my wife's car. I get the Waze directions and messages on the foot of the screen, but the map display is 'Apple Maps', obviously without the direction indications.
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

Guy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:36 pm
Guy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:26 pm
Miopyk wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Used it today to go to Blenheim and the split screen works with Waze as well.
Oh good, I'll give it another try later.
I still can't get Waze mapping to show in the Car Play split screen mode in my wife's car. I get the Waze directions and messages on the foot of the screen, but the map display is 'Apple Maps', obviously without the direction indications.
Guy,
I can't get Waze to appear in the split screen mode either. If you manage to solve this please post how you did it. Thanks.
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S