Recording CD’s

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I come from a long line of BMW’s where playing a CD would automatically record to the hard drive. Seemingly there is no way to do this on my 2017 Macan, or is there?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Sadly not. They need to be transferred to a suitable media - Stick or SD Card - and then imported into Juke Box via the appropriate slot.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Dandock wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:09 am Sadly not. They need to be transferred to a suitable media - Stick or SD Card - and then imported into Juke Box via the appropriate slot.
Yes, that’s what I’ve been doing, it’s a bit pants though.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Can anyone tell me how I can copy/transfer/dub my CDs onto an SD card, please ? (I already use SD cards to record video on my camcorder. The SD card then goes into my Panasonic Blu-Ray recorder to transfer footage onto the recorder's hard disc. However I cannot transfer anything from the recorder's hard disc in the other direction, i.e onto an SD card.) I don't have a modern smartphone, nor an i-pod , i-pad or laptop - only a desktop computer.)
pmg

Post by pmg »

RAA wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:28 am Can anyone tell me how I can copy/transfer/dub my CDs onto an SD card, please? (I already use SD cards to record video on my camcorder. The SD card then goes into my Panasonic Blu-Ray recorder to transfer footage onto the recorder's hard disc. However I cannot transfer anything from the recorder's hard disc in the other direction, i.e onto an SD card.) I don't have a modern smartphone, nor an i-pod , i-pad or laptop - only a desktop computer.)
Has your PC got an sd slot? If not you need an external USB one. Similarly, have you got CD drive? Again if not there are external USB ones available.

Then software. I only know about Microsoft not Apple systems. I use Windows media player to Rip the CD to a USB drive and /or sd card. Other ripping software available and a search will provide options for Microsoft/ Apple machines (mamy of which are free) as is your need. Media player not automatically supplied with Windows now but search for it and it can be installed.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8