Heated Windscreen

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
steve w

Post by steve w »

My wife’s new Golf GTI Heated Mirrrors work completely seperate to the HRW ,it’s also got a Heated Screen that is programmed to come on automatically if it detects that the screen is either frozen or has condensation on it,brilliant.
SteveW

Acwats

Post by Acwats »

Back to original question

Just tried mine which I got on Friday.

The Front windscreen defrosted electronically using the rear window heater button.

I’m sure it’s linked to the front de mister button too as per the manual

Need another frosty morning to test it...
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Now that we have had a few wintry weather days and weeks, i would like to ask for people's opinion on whether the heated windscreen is a good choice and does the job quick and well.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

bbpxbbpx wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:34 pm Now that we have had a few wintry weather days and weeks, i would like to ask for people's opinion on whether the heated windscreen is a good choice and does the job quick and well.
I certainly would have added it if it had been available back in 2016. Had one in a Ford many moons ago and it was brilliant.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 3304

Post by Deleted User 3304 »

bbpxbbpx wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:34 pm Now that we have had a few wintry weather days and weeks, i would like to ask for people's opinion on whether the heated windscreen is a good choice and does the job quick and well.
Picked up a new 20-plate Turbo yesterday.
This morning it was a frosty -1C start and the heated windscreen worked a treat! ❄️
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:26 pm
I certainly would have added it if it had been available back in 2016. Had one in a Ford many moons ago and it was brilliant.
I had the heated windscreen option on my 2013 Cayenne and it was nothing like as good as the Ford one. For that reason, I'm unlikely to bother if/when I change the Macan.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel