Wireless CarPlay dongle

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

actually i have got one and used it for 2 weeks now.

I find it extremely useful and stable. Yes - its takes around 5-10secs from startup to activate. But its not everytime - sometimes when im out of car for only 1-2hours - i switch on the car and its on immediately.

The music tends to stutter slightly at first - buts that down to the mobile wifi signal. I listen to DAB mostly so it hasnt been a great issue for me.

The main purpose of the wireless for me, for quick in and out journeys, i dont need to plug and unplug the wire into the phone and looking for the phone.

Its constantly on Waze or Google Maps whenever yopu need it - as long as you have your phone on.

There are small tweeks that needs improving, but doesnt everything else! apple is on 11th generation iphone and it still needs tweaking!

It serves my purpose and i brought it for £100.00 - i only use the cable for charging now.I think it was a great buy. It evens works on my wifes merc. And she is alway complaining about the in car sat nav and never able to direct her roads properly. But she cant be bothered to plug in the phone and use google map.

Now with this - this makes the in-car display your phone! another happy lady on the streets! and a less stressful man at home! :lol: :D
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package

Davidone

Post by Davidone »

Good article about WCP on Macrumors web site.Testing it on 2020 Macan includes WC
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114010569397

Sold in UK if anyone interested - saves time & price will not have any duty fees.
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Please note that the device has now got a updated firmware and all screens are in english and more stable than before.
Now works with even more cars - trying to test which cars it works on.

5.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

systech

Post by systech »

Have also seen a similar device called CPLAY2air which looks similar and indeed may be a re-badged version of the Carlinkit dongle. Anyone tried this and is it any better than the Carlinkit ?

There's a brief review here ... https://www.carplaylife.com/review/cplay2air-wireless-adapter-for-factory-and-aftermarket-carplay-receivers-review/ which seems to describe similar artefacts/anomalies as the Carlinkit.

And it can be bought here ... https://carplay2air.com/?sca_ref=52631.xW8mzTYLOK
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

I believe they are just a re-badged Carlinkit.

I understand Carlinkit started the wire to wireless technology and was sold in far east since 2016. I have seen several on the market re-branding the device to their own brand.

I have used the Mk 2.0 version - previous version had issues with playback sound, and volume control and connection from phone to screen took over 5-10mins. The mk 2.0 version fixed any issues and have been using mine for 2months now, and does not have the same issues as the older models.

Every morning, i leave me phone in bag and switch on my car, and within 10secs - the Carplay screen appears - so far so good - have not had any issues whatsoever - especially with the newer firmware upgrades - ir has improved the connectivity further.