Faulty Car Key/Fob ?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
LVision

Post by LVision »

New Porsche Macan Turbo (MY2019 with 150 miles). Collected car last week and a few times since am having difficulty locking the car with the remote, press the button several times but won’t lock. If I get back in and start the car then turnoff and get out again seems then to lock. Any ideas or anyone else heard of this problem ?

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

What happens if you use the second key?
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
LVision

Post by LVision »

Haven’t tried that yet, but next on my list to try and isolated the problem further.
DandyDon

Post by DandyDon »

Had a similar problem a few years ago with a BMW. Out of the blue my car wouldn’t open using the remote. I used the key to get in and drove a short distance from my house. Tried the remote again and it worked. Called the dealer and they couldn’t figure it out. Drove back and forth and the problem/ solution kept repeating.Following day everything was ok. After some research it seems it was caused by a magnetic field caused by rogue radio waves. Went on holiday a few weeks later and the same thing happened again in Calais. Once I got away from the harbour area where there were lots of radio masts the remote was ok and never gave me a problem again to this day.
davewf

Post by davewf »

If it persists even in different locations make sure you video it so you can give that to the Service Guys, this really helps them when discussing it with the warranty guys in Germany.

And also gives the technician a starting point.