Can’t simultaneously stream BT when iPhone plugged in

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Izzyspi

Post by Izzyspi »

Hi all
I’m getting a little frustrated with my PCM on 2016 Macan. I stream music from Spotify and had no problems with Android devices. I’ve just switched to iPhone and there’s no issues when the phone is not plugged in. However, if I need to charge it while driving (regularly as in the car a lot) it drops the connection saying “Simultaneous BT and USB is not available.” And then switches to iPod. Only problem is, you can’t use Spotify this way!! If I just toggle inputs back to Bluetooth and reconnect it does the same again.
I’ve Googled the heck out of it and consulted the manual but can’t find anything - surely can’t be the only one who’s had this issue??
Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks all!!

Col M

Post by Col M »

Izzyspi wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:50 am Hi all
I’m getting a little frustrated with my PCM on 2016 Macan. I stream music from Spotify and had no problems with Android devices. I’ve just switched to iPhone and there’s no issues when the phone is not plugged in. However, if I need to charge it while driving (regularly as in the car a lot) it drops the connection saying “Simultaneous BT and USB is not available.” And then switches to iPod. Only problem is, you can’t use Spotify this way!! If I just toggle inputs back to Bluetooth and reconnect it does the same again.
I’ve Googled the heck out of it and consulted the manual but can’t find anything - surely can’t be the only one who’s had this issue??
Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks all!!
Just use a lead that only supports power? Or a USB Data Blocker connector.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

You can choose whether the phone uses CarPlay or iPod mode when plugged in. Sounds as if yours is on CarPlay as that will drop BT when plugged in. You should be able to change (or have it ask) from the connection menu.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
davewf

Post by davewf »

If I remember right CarPlay was a charged option till late 2016 so the car may not have CarPlay. You can get it enabled for a cost but if you don't want it why not plug the USB into another socket rather than the one under the armrest only the armrest socket is connected to the PCM.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Or use a cigarette lighter USB plug for the power
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Towser

Post by Towser »

I charge mine using the rear seat usb sockets in this situation!
GTS Collected Jan 2017! http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK34WL9
Col M

Post by Col M »

Towser wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:34 pm I charge mine using the rear seat usb sockets in this situation!
You lost those with the 2016 Smokers Package.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Izzyspi

Post by Izzyspi »

Hi all,
Sorry for the delay in replying but thanks for your responses.
It doesn’t have car play, and as it has the smokers package I only have 1 usb, so I’ve gone with the USB power adapter plugged into the 12v socket in the armrest - problem solved!! Thanks @Madelvic for the tip - simple (can’t believe I didn’t think of it!!) but effective!
Happy new year all!!
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

:D
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver