2020 USBC power output

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Psardo

Post by Psardo »

Does anyone know the power output of the USBC ports both in the armrest and in the back seat of the 2020 version?

Thanks

LVision

Post by LVision »

Sorry not sure but will try and check for you. One thing that I have found however is that when trying to power my Dashcam from the USB Type C ports in the Centre armrest ( 2019 Macan Turbo) the Dashcam thinks it’s connected to a PC in data mode and won’t record. Have to use the cigarette lighter socket which is a bit of a pain.
Guy

Post by Guy »

LVision wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 am One thing that I have found however is that when trying to power my Dashcam from the USB Type C ports in the Centre armrest ( 2019 Macan Turbo) the Dashcam thinks it’s connected to a PC in data mode and won’t record.
Maybe try one of these:

Or one of these may suit better (always useful to keep in centre storage):

LVision

Post by LVision »

Many thanks Guy, well worth a try. Have ordered the second type you mentioned via Amazon and due to arrive Monday. Will report back to the Forum once tried in case others have a similar experience. Thanks again.
Psardo

Post by Psardo »

LVision wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:34 am Sorry not sure but will try and check for you. One thing that I have found however is that when trying to power my Dashcam from the USB Type C ports in the Centre armrest ( 2019 Macan Turbo) the Dashcam thinks it’s connected to a PC in data mode and won’t record. Have to use the cigarette lighter socket which is a bit of a pain.
Thanks. Let me know. Does it charge your phone quickly? How does it compare vs a good charger?
LVision

Post by LVision »

So the dongle you mentioned Guy arrived from Amazon today and it works a treat with my Miro DashCam. It no longer goes into ‘Data Mode’ but provides appropriate power to the DashCam. No problems, thank you !

Haven’t tried it with anything else but has not adverse, or otherwise, effect on charging as far as I can see.

That’s again.

Guy

Post by Guy »

Great news - thanks for letting us know it worked! :D