Jukebox - advice please

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
adam b

Post by adam b »

RTFM I know but any pitfalls here?

I am about to try out he jukebox for the first time having previously plugged in an iPod to the USB in the glovebox.

Was going to buy a cheap 32gb usb stick and just copy music files from my hard drive to stick to car

Will any stick work? Have read about issues with partitions and fat32 but not sure what that means

Can I copy the whole stick across in one go, say a 100 albums? And can I just add another 100 later in the same way, ie it will just add them and store 200 albums

The files are all saved in a “car iPod” playlist in iTunes - can I transfer from iTunes direct to a stick which would be much more convenient

Thanks
Last edited by adam b on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)

peter7

Post by peter7 »

I’m interested too as not quite worked it out yet either , doesn’t seem to recognise iPhone plugged into glovebox .
I’ve only just got my car too ... complete with a flashy burmeister sound system !

Peter
Macan diesel S
RE24KTG
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I have 2 x 32Gb SD cards in the dash. Music is in folders to make it easier to find Artists, eg a folder called A to E etc. Not sure of the benefit of the jukebox
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

I too simply use an SD card.

Drag and drop i-tunes back-up onto the card......works fine, all art-work, album cover pictures, playlists etc etc all come across.

Everytime I do a i-phone back-up / refresh to the PC just overwrite the SD card.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
adam b

Post by adam b »

I have 150gb of music on iTunes and have some SD cards

I was asking specifically about jukebox for that reason, any here use it?

Thanks
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Adam, I use the jukebox. I just saved all my music onto a USB., plugged it in and transfered it to the car. All the files are in order, very easy to browse and find tracks / albums.

When i wanted to add some new music, I just did the same, uploaded from USB. They were uploaded in the correct place alphabetically. It works perfectly. I often use the shuffle button and let it choose the tracks.

Hope this helps

Adam

ps we have the same name