Bluetooth Volume

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

Three weeks into Macan ownership and loving everything about the car! It was mentioned by the OPC that when using Bluetooth to connect to my iPhone to play music I must turn the volume right down when switching back to the radio as the volume on the Bluetooth connection needs to be much higher. I have inadvertently forgotten to turn it down when switching back to radio and it is extremely loud without altering the volume.

Is this normal?

Thanks for you feedback.
Graeme
2016 Macan GTS in Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S 987 in GT Silver

Col M

Post by Col M »

GWDALBA wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:03 am Three weeks into Macan ownership and loving everything about the car! It was mentioned by the OPC that when using Bluetooth to connect to my iPhone to play music I must turn the volume right down when switching back to the radio as the volume on the Bluetooth connection needs to be much higher. I have inadvertently forgotten to turn it down when switching back to radio and it is extremely loud without altering the volume.

Is this normal?

Thanks for you feedback.
Graeme
Check the Volume Limit on your iPhone?
Settings->Music->Volume Limit

May be a little low

Also may be possible to command Siri to increase the volume (being sent) thus you can equalise input volumes
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Tried it on my Macan tonight. Volume turned up on the phone has bluetooth matching the volume of the radio and comfortable to switch one to the other. Will say you have great taste in cars :-)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

Thanks for you both for your input but just checked my phone and volume settings but just the same - really have to turn up the volume a lot on Bluetooth compared to the radio!
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

Also Just tried to change the volume setting under "Bluetooth audio: Set volume for Bluetooth audio playback" but this is blanked out and set to 0. Any ideas why this should be blanked out as this would seem to be the reason for my issue with the volume?
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Had the same problem and I haven't found a fix yet. Other vehicles I use my phone in are the same. Maybe something to do with standard Blue tooth.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab