PCM 4 Software Update

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Rab J wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:21 pm
adam b wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm
Madelvic wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 am I've also just found how to add speed cameras to the sat nav so will experiment with that
hi, spill the beans please
+1
Not that I ever speed :roll:
Hi Adam,
Have you had any luck with this update yet?

adam b

Post by adam b »

putt4par wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:57 am Hi Adam,
Have you had any luck with this update yet?
not yet as I would need to spend the £120 for a years Connect, and was hoping to get a consensus on whether the updates are permanent if I don't renew
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I'm going to have a go, just need to decide on when. I don't want to pay £120 for a 12 month subscription then have the card sitting on the drive for 6 weeks. You may lose the speed cameras but I reckon you'd retain map updates etc.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Well I've managed to upload speed cameras tonight in my Macan

Downloaded the five .gpx files and uploaded them into Porsche Connect

Then went to the car and installed the POI files and enabled warnings. I've not yet tried it, but the nearest speed camera to my house now shows on the map.

Ref the map updates I really can't imagine they'd be lost when the sub runs out. The versions before and after shows the update has been applied, and the maps continue to work if I break the online connection (removing the sim from the dash)

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_1492.PNG

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Madelvic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 pm Well I've managed to upload speed cameras tonight in my Macan

Then went to the car and installed the POI files and enabled warnings. I've not yet tried it, but the nearest speed camera to my house now shows on the map.

Ref the map updates I really can't imagine they'd be lost when the sub runs out. The versions before and after shows the update has been applied, and the maps continue to work if I break the online connection (removing the sim from the dash)
Hi Madelvic,
Can you tell me the steps to upload in car, I am just not seeing the 5 files in the car although I have them in connect and a live subscription,
Many thanks in advance
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

putt4par wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:32 am
Madelvic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:23 pm Well I've managed to upload speed cameras tonight in my Macan

Hi Madelvic,
Can you tell me the steps to upload in car, I am just not seeing the 5 files in the car although I have them in connect and a live subscription,
Many thanks in advance
I've sent you a PM. I have a guide with pictures of my PCM but don't want this in the public domain (though happy to share it with you or others)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Madelvic wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 am
putt4par wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:32 am

Hi Madelvic,
Many thanks in advance
I've sent you a PM. I have a guide with pictures of my PCM but don't want this in the public domain (though happy to share it with you or others)
Many thanks.