PCM 4 Software Update

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
coiae

Post by coiae »

Hello everyone,
First of all apologize because this is my 1st. POS and I don't know if something similar has been published before or if it's an appropriate forum for it.
I have a Porsche with NAV PCM4 and I'm searching for the possibility of "updating" and obtain hidden functionalities of the type "Performance Monitor" and many others such as "Sport Chrono", etc. (These functions are not available from Porsche Dealer)
I find just workshops that install adapters for CARPLAY, but do not activate the features that I mentioned before.
Anyway, if you know of any place where they update it, I would be very grateful.

putt4par

Post by putt4par »

coiae wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:11 am Hello everyone,
First of all apologize because this is my 1st. POS and I don't know if something similar has been published before or if it's an appropriate forum for it.
I have a Porsche with NAV PCM4 and I'm searching for the possibility of "updating" and obtain hidden functionalities of the type "Performance Monitor" and many others such as "Sport Chrono", etc. (These functions are not available from Porsche Dealer)
I find just workshops that install adapters for CARPLAY, but do not activate the features that I mentioned before.
Anyway, if you know of any place where they update it, I would be very grateful.
Hi,
Not sure what else you are after but Sports Chrono is available as a retro fit from your Porsche dealership, they do not change the compass for clock but you get the rest. To my knowledge there is no hidden menu which unlocks additional features, good luck!
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Likewise I'm not aware of any extra features and would be very interested if they were.

I've managed to update maps on the PCM over the air. I've read that early cars had PCM s/w updates but that was don at the dealer

I've also just found how to add speed cameras to the sat nav so will experiment with that

Good luck and keep us informed
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
adam b

Post by adam b »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 am I've also just found how to add speed cameras to the sat nav so will experiment with that
hi, spill the beans please
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

adam b wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm
Madelvic wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 am I've also just found how to add speed cameras to the sat nav so will experiment with that
hi, spill the beans please
+1
Not that I ever speed :roll:
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

This is for PCM 4. Don't know if it'll work on the Macan

Annoyingly I can't find the link that took me to this doc. I'd like to credit the author and can't

Hope this isn't a red herring

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fk5hb16pvjmd ... .docx?dl=0
adam b

Post by adam b »

is it the same as this:

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/getmedia/ ... ?ext=.docx

which requires Porsche Connect (tick) with a live subscription (damn)

would you lose this feature once installed if your Connect plus subscription expires?

(debating whether to pay the £119 for this and other features, or just crack on with Waze
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

adam b wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:31 pm is it the same as this:

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/getmedia/ ... ?ext=.docx

which requires Porsche Connect (tick) with a live subscription (damn)

would you lose this feature once installed if your Connect plus subscription expires?

(debating whether to pay the £119 for this and other features, or just crack on with Waze
Adam, did you get two years free subscription to Porsche Connect? Although I'm the second owner of my GTS I registered with Porsche and got two years complimentary subscription.

If I get tie over the next few days I'll try an install and report back

Cheers, Richard
adam b

Post by adam b »

Hi Richard

I bought my car at 2 years old, and haven't quite justified £120 for prettier google maps (wasn't sure I would use the other stuff). I bought a data-only SIM card to create the WIFI zone.

I would pay for a year if I update the satnav map and add speed cameras, as long as those updates don't just disappear if your subscription lapses.
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

Hi Adam,

i'm in the same position as you. I'm tempted to pay for a year and take the updates. I'd like to think the updates will remain once the subscription has expired.

Bob