External temperature sensor faulty

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
a_baby

Post by a_baby »

Hi.

I have been having issues where the external temperature sensor has been showing a temperature at least 10 degrees Celsius less than the external ambient temperature.

For instance it may be 43C outside but the car does not show an external temperature more than 33C even after more than an hour of driving. Yes it does get hot in Australia. It hasn't been an issue on cooler days.

I reported this to the dealer at the first service. They said it was a known problem with the sensor mounted near the front bumper bar and ordered a replacement from Germany. On my second visit to fix a rattle and replace this sensor I was told that the new sensor they had in stock had just been updated to a newer sensor and they would not fit the replacement but wait for the new one to be ordered and arrive from Germany.

I'll get this replaced in a few weeks but won't be able to determine of the issue is resolved until December when it starts to get warmer.

Regards,

Alex.
2019 Macan S, Night Blue Metallic, 20" Jet Black Alloys, Pano, Standard Seats & Black Interior , 360 Parking Camera, Privacy Glass, Tinted Front Windows, Heated Front Seats, Porsche Entry & Drive, Lane Change Assist, Boot/Floor mats.

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I don't envisage having a problem with mine ...... don't think we even manage to get to 30 degrees here in sunny Scotland :lol: :lol: