Porsche connect google earth

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Kevthegas

Post by Kevthegas »

My 2018 GTS was at the dealer for a few issues last week one of which was a faulty tracker fob.
After a reset and new batteries I now have the following come up :-

25E9B7E4-CDF0-41DA-B029-BC2C68FDF50E.jpeg

I now no longer get the google earth map. When I bought the car last September I paid for 2 years Tracker which I thought
Included google earth ect ?

Can any one confirm this, tried calling Vodafone earlier but they were closed.

Kev
2018 GTS
1993 968
1985 944

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Are you able to log in to your My Porsche pages? There you can click on Service Overview which takes you to a page that lists all the services available and whether they are in contract or not. Google Earth is part of Navigation Services which is separate from the Vodaphone tracker service.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Nope. I noted this from another user. There are two similar sounding services.

Porsche Car Connect (PCC)
https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/cwp/login.do

Porsche Connect Services. (PCS)
https://www.porsche.com/uk/connect/

PCC is administered by Vodafone Automotive and comprises Remote Services, Safety Services and Security Services. The Remote Services is included “free” for the first year. Safety and Security are bundled together at £235 per year and if required will have to be paid for ab initio. If you need tracker for insurance or other purposes, then this is where you pay for it. It is the old VTS system but now built into PCM but still requiring the fob. As far as I am aware the tracker is Cat 5.

PCS is quite separate and provides inter alia access to Porsche Apps. To enable it you need to set up a Porsche ID. Once you have this ID you will get a pairing code that you enter into PCM to connect your car with the system. This system for MY 2018 cars works off an embedded sim. I think the first 2 years data is included in the cost of the car.
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver