front seats problem

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Post Reply
clj
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

front seats problem

Post by clj » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:55 pm

After about 100 km both front seats gets loose sideways. If I turn right they go left and if I turn left they go right some mm. When I start and drive after have been parked over night they steady and I after about 100 km they are loose again. Porsche dealer have not heard of it, as usual with these sort of problem. Anyone have heard of it?

Macan S Diesel 2017

/Christian


User avatar
Paul
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: front seats problem

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:29 pm

clj wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:55 pm
After about 100 km both front seats gets loose sideways. If I turn right they go left and if I turn left they go right some mm. When I start and drive after have been parked over night they steady and I after about 100 km they are loose again. Porsche dealer have not heard of it, as usual with these sort of problem. Anyone have heard of it?

Macan S Diesel 2017

/Christian
You need 2 new seat bases...relatively “ common” on GTS (and probably others but not reported on the forum) Feels as if the fixing bolts need another 1/4 turn....?
I had mine done about 2 months in to ownership.
Last edited by Paul on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Sapphire Blue SD
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1986

Current Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296


User avatar
Paul
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: front seats problem

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:34 pm

1st Sapphire Blue SD
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1986

Current Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296


clj
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: front seats problem

Post by clj » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks!

My seats are 14 way comfort.
Strange that Porsche dealer and Porsche AG say they never heard of it. Does the info not go back as a ticket?

/Christian


User avatar
Paul
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: front seats problem

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 pm

clj wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:28 pm
Thanks!

My seats are 14 way comfort.
Strange that Porsche dealer and Porsche AG say they never heard of it. Does the info not go back as a ticket?

/Christian
I’d assume if the number of warranty claims go outside of certain parameters then yes.
Maybe they are just treating it as a direct supplier exchange and not a technical ussue?
Also I’m guessing you’re not UK based? Maybe there have been fewer problems with 14 ways too?
1st Sapphire Blue SD
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1986

Current Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296


clj
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Re: front seats problem

Post by clj » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Yes I'm in Sweden, that's why my English is somewhat swenglish so to say, sorry for that.

My dealer says it's not enough proof that others are in the same problem, they have to film or take or photo and send it to Porsche to get payed.
I'm so getting tired!

/Christian


User avatar
Paul
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: front seats problem

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:17 pm

clj wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Yes I'm in Sweden, that's why my English is somewhat swenglish so to say, sorry for that.

My dealer says it's not enough proof that others are in the same problem, they have to film or take or photo and send it to Porsche to get payed.
I'm so getting tired!

/Christian
(it was the km that gave it away, and your English is as good, if not better, than on many UK forums - it’s certainly better than my Swedish!)

Worth asking a colleague / friend / partner to video the seat movenent while your driving on a smart-phone and passing it over the the dealership if that us what they require.
Or go out with one of their technicians and demonstrate it directly to them.
1st Sapphire Blue SD
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1986

Current Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296


Rosmoss
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:09 am

Re: front seats problem

Post by Rosmoss » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 pm

I had a similar problem but the movement wasn’t side to side, it was front to back. Took it in to the (lousy) dealer I bought it from and they said all was normal. Took it into a second dealer who admitted the issue but didn’t really want to do much. I pushed them on it and spoke to a different service write and the shop tech who agreed the base needed to be replaced. The work order that acknowledged the issued and showed the part on order also stated that they needed to take a video and send it to Germany.

Took two days to swap the old seat on to the new base and all has been well for a year.


Post Reply

Return to “Interior and Exterior”