Indicators on Halogen 2017 S.

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

I’m confused.
I’m sure In magazines and videos I’ve seen that the indicators on the 2017 model also double as the DRLs however I have the halogen model and the dip bulb is the drl and the led strip under the light cluster I s only the indicator. Am I missing a setting somewhere or am I going mad?

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I've got to be a bit careful as I've never owned a 2017 MY Macan but I don't think the strip below the headlights has ever has a dual function (unlike the Cayenne).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

If you put your lights on Auto the DLR is the 5w halogen bulb. If you manually change the switch to side lights position you get the LED running strip come on which doubles as the indicator.

Hope that helps!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

If you put your lights on Auto the DLR is the 5w halogen bulb. If you manually change the switch to side lights position you get the LED running strip come on which doubles as the indicator.

Hope that helps!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Sorry I meant to say 15w not 5w. The DLR as Porsche define it is part of the H15 bulb which does both DLR(15w) and high beam (55w) all in one bulb.

The LED strip, as a DLR, activates only if you switch the lights out of Auto and select the side light.

It's crazy and the terminology is wrong but that's how it works!!
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Thanks- you are of course correct, but how strange to have the DRL set to the Dipped 15w instead of the LEDs when in Auto. Any idea if that is something that can be coded by Carly or a n other piece of software and OBD?
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

It cant be coded. Checked that!

The 15w part of the H15 bulb is not the dipped beam. There is a separate H7 55w bulb for that which I upgraded to a high quality LED bulb with no issues.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Ti Rich wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:59 pm It cant be coded. Checked that!

The 15w part of the H15 bulb is not the dipped beam. There is a separate H7 55w bulb for that which I upgraded to a high quality LED bulb with no issues.
Apologies..force of habit. Never had a car with H15’s before. Used to having cars with dipped /side lights and mains plus spots.
Have you managed to find an H15 which is a title whiter than normal. I just dropped some OSRAM. lol blues in and frankly they’re rubbish. Their 4200k H7’s look ok. But the H15’s are still very orange,
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

H15 bulbs are basically only made by Osram. I have tried their cool blue but they are poor.

I have tried about 8 different designs of H15 LED bulbs. None of them work properly in the Macan. They either give errors or the DRL part of the bulb is simply too bright.

I have upgraded the normal H7 dipped beam to LED and that works very well.