Macan 2020 Owners - Where do you mount your phone?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
waterpremium

Post by waterpremium »

Hi Gents,

I didn't find any real convenient place to mount a phone on the dash. What about you? What mount do you use - please upload some pics.

Have a great day

Paul

Post by Paul »

?
In my pocket and use Applr Car play?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
waterpremium

Post by waterpremium »

Paul wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:35 pm ?
In my pocket and use Applr Car play?
Tx Paul, sure that's an option... I probably shouldn't say that but it's not that convenient for whatsapp, SMS and mail... ;-)

More seriously being able to see my phone is key for me e.g. when using other road assistance application (such as Coyote that display speed limits and so on...) which complement very well waze. I like to have both app running at the same time.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Pocket for me to with an andriod phone. Music on USB stick. The Apps on PCM still pick up SMS messages
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

I have a MY14 so no CarPlay and like to use Waze so have a suction mounted holder on the little window between the front windscreen and driver side window (the A pillar) Then just run a charging cable over the wheel and down the centre if needed for v long journeys.

Works v well, I have Waze in screen, Apple Music streaming via BT in the background and can make calls using Siri
Guy

Post by Guy »

A few options here: https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicle ... n/2019.htm

I use Brodit's console mount on the left hand side.
waterpremium

Post by waterpremium »

Guy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:05 pm A few options here: https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicle ... n/2019.htm

I use Brodit's console mount on the left hand side.

I used to have a brodit proclip on my previous car...and was very happy with it. However the console mount is not for me. With this kind of mount the phone is out of my sight.

I was looking for the center mount but I'm not sure it will works on 2020 model. Despite that I've seen on a US forum that the clip ruins the leather dash...
Due to the way the clip is machined there are some sharp edges and taking the clip on and off necessitates, by design, that the clip rub up against the dash trim on the top and back. This did end up in a slight abrasion to the dash trim after I removed the clip 3 or 4 times.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

I too use Waze. Tried several mounts and this one is great. I use it on the vent to the left of the steering wheel. It has two grippers and just doesn't move. It is magnet mount to the phone. Very adjustable and just works.

2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
penport

Post by penport »

I use this magnetic mount stuck on the edge of the dashboard just above the vents.

It's actually tiny and somewhat discrete when not in use.
Long usb charger cable routed under the trim from the centre cubby and job done.
Very pleased with it and securely holds the phone even under spirited acceleration :lol:
MY18 Macan GTS Volcano ACC, PAS, Air, PASM, PSP, PSE, Bose, PDLS+, carbon heated steering wheel
2015 Macan S Sapphire PSE, PSP, PASM, K&N [sold but not forgotten]
penport

Post by penport »

Sorry link didn't appear - trying again

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00T0I54Q8/
MY18 Macan GTS Volcano ACC, PAS, Air, PASM, PSP, PSE, Bose, PDLS+, carbon heated steering wheel
2015 Macan S Sapphire PSE, PSP, PASM, K&N [sold but not forgotten]