Badge colour/finish - matt or gloss?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Botis

Post by Botis »

Not a fan of the silver badging on my recent purchase so looking to change to something a little more subtle.

When specifying black badges do they normally come with matt or gloss finish?

I have the extended black package which is obviously a gloss finish so would assume I would get badges to match. A couple of other cars I have seen recently have matt badges so I'm a little confused.

If anyone has any pictures of a Volcano grey example with gloss badging it would be great to see.

Thanks
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD

Botis

Post by Botis »

Not had any input here so maybe i should put this another way...

Does anyone actually have gloss black badges or do then tend to be matt by default?

Just thought gloss badges would match with extended black package better so surprised they are not the default
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Botis wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:23 pm Not had any input here so maybe i should put this another way...

Does anyone actually have gloss black badges or do then tend to be matt by default?

Just thought gloss badges would match with extended black package better so surprised they are not the default
On the new GTS they are matt by default. Even on my Sapphire Blue they are not easy to read. :!:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

My departed Carmine red had gloss black badges, they looked superb.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Botis

Post by Botis »

Thanks Guys

Think I’m going to go for gloss as it will at least match with other detailing on the car.

Now just got to decide if I will install myself or pay the local OPC £400 all up to do it
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD