18 way seat bolster stretch marks

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Ah, the old "that's normal" trick. Works every time....not!

The creases in the leather do add character. Looking at the picture, the leather does not appear faulty and the bolster will gain creases like that over time.

You could view it as an unique optional extra that Porsche have given only you, for free, and there are not many of those you get from Porsche!! Conversely, you can see it as a fault. Depends whether it will continually bug you every time you see it or accept the creases for what they are and glow in the knowledge that you have been "green" in not throwing a perfectly functional piece of leather. :lol:
GTS \o/ - sold :(

RAA

Post by RAA »

I keep a thin cushion (the type you would tie to a dining chair) on my driver's 18-way seat, and make sure it covers the right-hand bolster, helping me to slide in and out. It may not stop creases, but I feel that over the long-term, it will reduce wear.
TimL

Post by TimL »

So, Porsche GB came back with the same response as OPC - normal for type leather etc.. However, kudos to my SE/dealer who recognised my level of dissatisfaction on a brand new car and have agreed to replace the seat cover at their expense. I am happy with that outcome :D
2023 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (Porsche Code PRZ7RJN9)
Sold: 2023 Macan S Gentian Blue (Porsche Code PP6NHQK0)
Sold: 2021 Macan S Volcano Grey (Porsche Code PL2HKD85)
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Great news Tim.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

TimL wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:59 pm So, Porsche GB came back with the same response as OPC - normal for type leather etc.. However, kudos to my SE/dealer who recognised my level of dissatisfaction on a brand new car and have agreed to replace the seat cover at their expense. I am happy with that outcome :D
Great news, Tim, though it’s a shame Porsche UK wouldn’t step up to the mark and offer to replace the seat cover under warranty 👎.

You’ll have to be extra careful getting in and out of the car with the new seat cover lol!!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

The problem with sports seats and the high bolsters is that unless you hoist yourself over the outside one on the way in and out the foam below the leather will be damaged and the leather will end up creased.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50