Illuminated sill plates

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I’m looking at these for my 2017 SD, part number 95B 044 801, been quoted £580! But I see the same dealer are advertising the illuminated plates for a gen 2 Macan S, part number 95B 044 811 for £350. I am trying to work out if the cheaper ones will fit my gen 1 car, any ideas?

Thanks
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Really...is someone really considering spending >£350 on illuminated sill plates......the world has gone MAD!!!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

If that’s what OP wants, why not❓
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

MikeM wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 pm If that’s what OP wants, why not❓
Alternatively burn your money and watch the starving starve......society has just so gone wrong recently! I totally get individuals can spend their money on what they want, but come on, this is just an example of spending for spending sake....or not spending wisely first time and being happy to throw it away later! Nobody will ever convince me this is value!!!!

Also, idiots willing to spend that kind of money on non value adding rubbish is what pushes all prices up....we all need to get a grip and understand true cost and value,,
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

^^^^^ a sermon from some-one who has four cars lol!!! 🤣🤣
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

So, Mr 4 cars, I have one car that I bought outright, so no monthly sum to pay. I have owned it coming up two years, I could easy blow another 20 grand on a newer model, but as it only done 22k miles I have decided to keep it for a while and do a small upgrade to keep my interest in the car. Why is that so much of an issue?

Are you going to slam everyone on here who are ordering new Macans and paying twice the amount of my sill trims every month on a PCP?

And for your information, I have DD every month to a couple of charities, so please don’t preach to me how to spend MY money.

Does anyone have any advise on the original question please? I do want to spend this money, so still need the answer

Thank you
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Hi, don’t rise to it, I totally understand your rationale and you don’t need to explain yourself to anyone.

I think it’s a great idea and I totally understand when you say it will keep you interested in your current car for a little longer.

Sorry can’t help with your question though....
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Beaverman wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:32 pm Hi, don’t rise to it, I totally understand your rationale and you don’t need to explain yourself to anyone.

I think it’s a great idea and I totally understand when you say it will keep you interested in your current car for a little longer.

Sorry can’t help with your question though....
Thank you.
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Kleynie wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:50 pm So, Mr 4 cars, I have one car that I bought outright, so no monthly sum to pay. I have owned it coming up two years, I could easy blow another 20 grand on a newer model, but as it only done 22k miles I have decided to keep it for a while and do a small upgrade to keep my interest in the car. Why is that so much of an issue?

Are you going to slam everyone on here who are ordering new Macans and paying twice the amount of my sill trims every month on a PCP?

And for your information, I have DD every month to a couple of charities, so please don’t preach to me how to spend MY money.

Does anyone have any advise on the original question please? I do want to spend this money, so still need the answer

Thank you
Apologies, you can spend your money on whatever tickles your fancy....but stealers like Porsche pray on people who are willing to pay crazy sums for what in reality is a dumb bit of polished alloy and an LED light....the more people who keep paying it, the higher the costs get! Let’s face it, what Porsche charge for an oil change is day light robbery, but most of us keep on paying and smiling!

We all love the quality of the initial product, but buy wisely and enjoy the value! Got £580 to spend, buy some decent tyres, get it ceramic coated, pay for some advanced driving lessons, colour code some bits you might actually see when the doors are closed (99.9% of the time!)

Yes I have 4 cars....actually 5 now, but every one was bought wisely and looked after to ensure maximum value is returned (you are absolutely right, would NEVER buy new, and certainly never on finance!)

Porsche prices are horrendous even though we love the product....but if the general public keep paying ridiculous mark up, they will keep charging us....and that’s not right!

In this horrendous situation of lockdown we are all guilty of online shopping....all I’m saying is buy wisely!
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Fair enough. Thing is, I already have the Gtecniq ceramic coating on the body, summer wheels and winter wheels, I have new premium tyres on both sets. My car literally has pretty much every option apart from these illuminated sills.
I had a Q5 S Line loaner when my transfer box was being replaced and it had illuminated sills, I just thought it was a pretty cool idea. I know they cost a lot, that’s why I was trying to see if the gen 2 set would fit as they are ‘only’ £350 and look similar.
I wouldn’t spend £580 on the gen 1 set, but £350 on a gen 2 set is possible.

Thanks