Number plate

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

My number plates are standard, however I've stuck both front and rear down with double-sided tape. This gives a nice clean look - in case that's what you're really after with your sticker question.

Mine have the blue GB strip. If using screws, it's a nightmare trying to get them tidy on the front number plate. The Porsche plate holder only gives you an inch or so either side for the screws. The solution is to tape them on!
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

PaulR wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:17 pm My number plates are standard, however I've stuck both front and rear down with double-sided tape. This gives a nice clean look - in case that's what you're really after with your sticker question.

Mine have the blue GB strip. If using screws, it's a nightmare trying to get them tidy on the front number plate. The Porsche plate holder only gives you an inch or so either side for the screws. The solution is to tape them on!
Instead of having a solid plastic normal type plate, you can sometimes get away with a "sticker" that's the number plate. Some cars don't have a flat upright surface to mount a normal plate, so some have a sticker, say on the bonnet (not what I was looking to do on the Macan) . Folks who mod their car will do it to get more air into front mounted intercoolers.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Rarecolour wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 pm Instead of having a solid plastic normal type plate, you can sometimes get away with a "sticker" that's the number plate. Some cars don't have a flat upright surface to mount a normal plate, so some have a sticker, say on the bonnet (not what I was looking to do on the Macan) . Folks who mod their car will do it to get more air into front mounted intercoolers.
Ideally this needs done before the dealer (?) screws on the numberplate mount. I temporaily removed mine and there was hideous holes on the bodywork.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

PaulR wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:10 pm
Rarecolour wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 pm Instead of having a solid plastic normal type plate, you can sometimes get away with a "sticker" that's the number plate. Some cars don't have a flat upright surface to mount a normal plate, so some have a sticker, say on the bonnet (not what I was looking to do on the Macan) . Folks who mod their car will do it to get more air into front mounted intercoolers.
Ideally this needs done before the dealer (?) screws on the numberplate mount. I temporaily removed mine and there was hideous holes on the bodywork.
Yeah, would need to let the dealer know in advance if it was to be done.
Having a search on here and Google, I can't really see anywhere different for the plate to be mounted, or even having a "sticker style" plate mounted some where. I might have to try and drive to my local dealer to have an inspection on an actual car.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)