Scratch on piano black trim

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Cleaning the interior yesterday I noticed I have picked up a light scratch on the rear o/s door piano black trim. No idea how as we never had any passengers in it, maybe when I took some old carpet to the tip.
Is there anyway of polishing this out, would scratch X or something do it or just dull the trim?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

If the scratch is just on the surface you can polish out, first check with fingernail to feel for any depth. ScratchX maybe a little harsh and you could end up making the area worse. Use a really fine grade polish and sponge applicator pad to apply product and a fine soft cloth to remove, just be very gentle and sparing with product and application as less is more. Lots of products out there to chose from, really too many 😳 but the method is the most important factor. Need also to finish with a protective coat. If you like Meguiars they have a number of suitable products
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I thought that I had a scratch on my trim but it turned out to be a mark which polished out. Hopefully you are similar...

If it is a scratch it might be worth trying one of these "scratch remover cloths" .
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Thanks both, it polished out with some old Turtle Wax carnuba👍
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White