Gloss black roof rail restoration

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

During a (very) brief lull in the constant rain we are having, I gave my Silver Macan a wash. I also decided to apply Gtechiq T1 gel to all the black bits which I did after wiping them with panel wipe (IPA). Results were very good. We will see how long they stay black and not too glossy. Whilst I was at it, I thought the black roof rails needed sorting as they were dotted with blue bits and other detritus. I tried the panel wipe and T1 and they were back to their factory fresh selves. Again, I'll keep an eye on them and report back, if I remember of course. The T1 was used sparingly and I reckon I still have 2/3rds of the bottle left. It can also be used on tyres which I haven't tried yet.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

ppj50

Post by ppj50 »

Having a bag of loads of cleaners for all surfaces, except black roof rails I was loath to buy yet another bottle, upon recycling a tin of Mr Sheen I thought , why not, can’t do any harm as it’s been tested to within an inch of its life on all sorts of domestic applications managed to squeeze a drop out and all blue/black blotchiness gone! still good a week later. So there you go “Mr Sheen cleans and shines oodles of things!”
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I recall, donkeys years ago, my Dad asking what they used to keep the cars shiny in a showroom and the answer being "Mr Sheen". Maybe fortunes have been wasted on fancy bottles labelled ceramic this and that when they actually just contained Mr Sheen! :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP