Silver/Chrome Boot Trim Fell Off

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Macanporsche

Post by Macanporsche »

One of the silver boot trims fell off my Macan S, the other one is lifting too and will no doubt fall off soon.

Does anyone know the part number or if you can buy replacements? I had a look at the Porsche Parts diagram but it looked like you could only buy the entire boot trim.

Photo attached.

A82C3195-F6CC-4887-B6E6-B2C3F709FF47.jpeg

Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Not sure on the prt availability but a roll of 3m double sided tape to fix the original on would be my first stop. A quick call to your local OPC parts section will tell you whether or not you can get the trim bits on their own.

Good luck
Macanporsche

Post by Macanporsche »

Thanks dude you’re probably right about the other one, it’s half fixed and half lifting and they’re really thin so if I try to lift it to get some glue under one end it will just crease I think.

I’ll give Porsche a ring this morning to see if they’re available to buy. If not I’ll just have the grey plastic bit underneath sprayed to match the body ha.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

Try using a piece of dental floss under the aluminium top plate to saw through the rest of the adhesive, then stick both back down with some double sided tape or contact adhesive.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
alan.ambrose

Post by alan.ambrose »

Yeah, they are originally glued, so I just glued one of mine down.

Alan