Standard Interior/Sound System

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Hey All

Just looking for some input/advice and potentially pics as I'm just about to place an order for a new Macan and looking at the broad range of options and where to spend and save money. Does anyone have any photos of the Standard Interior / Fabric Upholstery Seats which I understand from the dealer will be leather around the edges and fabric in the middle. Appreciate there doesn't seem to be many Macan Gen 3's around which is hard to see what they look like.

Also - In terms of the standard stereo - Any advice on what it's like or is it a defo upgrade needed to the Bose option

Appreciate your input all and hoping to be an owner of a Macan S soon

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Chandler wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:46 pm Hey All

Just looking for some input/advice and potentially pics as I'm just about to place an order for a new Macan and looking at the broad range of options and where to spend and save money. Does anyone have any photos of the Standard Interior / Fabric Upholstery Seats which I understand from the dealer will be leather around the edges and fabric in the middle. Appreciate there doesn't seem to be many Macan Gen 3's around which is hard to see what they look like.

Also - In terms of the standard stereo - Any advice on what it's like or is it a defo upgrade needed to the Bose option

Appreciate your input all and hoping to be an owner of a Macan S soon
hi chandler. You’ll get lots of responses on the issue of the Stereo, ultimately it depends on what you want out of it. Apparently the base head unit is the same unit as the Bose, but the Bose has a couple of extra speakers and a sub woofer under your shopping in the boot. The axminster ( sorry Burminster ) stereo is insanely expensive. I have a beefed up stereo in my current car and have had in most of my cars but ultimately I don’t really use them to their limit. If I have other people in the car I tend to talk to them, so the stereo is just background noise. Equally when i’m on my own I tend to listen to spoken word stuff more than music. When I do listen to music I’m sure the base stereo ( which is still Bose don’t forget ) will be just fine, and gives me over £800 to spend on something else
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

The seats surrounds are in leatherette and not leather on the base seat.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Unless you're an audio fanatic, the standard system will be more than satisfactory.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:18 pm The seats surrounds are in leatherette and not leather on the base seat.
This can be upgraded with the leather package without changing the 8 way seat if you don’t want to…. For about £1000
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Has anyone else got an opinion on whether or not the standard sound system is any good or is the Bose upgrade a must?
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:41 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:18 pm The seats surrounds are in leatherette and not leather on the base seat.
This can be upgraded with the leather package without changing the 8 way seat if you don’t want to…. For about £1000
But then you might as well have spent a couple of hundred £ more on the 14 or 18 and get the leather and the memory and the electronic steering wheel adjustment etc. The seat options are about the best value upgrades Porsche offer by a mile.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:48 pm
BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:41 pm
But then you might as well have spent a couple of hundred £ more on the 14 or 18 and get the leather and the memory and the electronic steering wheel adjustment etc. The seat options are about the best value upgrades Porsche offer by a mile.
Horses for courses, the leather or 14way seats are about the same price. Leather adds interior leather features whereas 14way seats don’t. Personal preference if budget is a concern. Personally I wouldn’t want the fabric seat centres either way but that’s me :)
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:46 pm Has anyone else got an opinion on whether or not the standard sound system is any good or is the Bose upgrade a must?
Standard is fine, Bose not worth £800
Burmester is when you notice the difference in audio quality, but that’s too expensive.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

sd1985 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:57 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:46 pm Has anyone else got an opinion on whether or not the standard sound system is any good or is the Bose upgrade a must?
Standard is fine, Bose not worth £800
Burmester is when you notice the difference in audio quality, but that’s too expensive.
As above, side by side maybe Bose is better, jumping from car to car its hard to tell if there is a difference, Bose is never bass heavy so doesn't make great use of a subwoofer. Apparently burmester is awesome but very pricey and wasted on a radio chat listener such as myself